Trying to understand

"Please can we just talk?"

"Yeah come in."

Gwen is relieved he is actually gonna talk. She knows she needs to tread lightly but progress is progress. As they walk into what looks like the living room Gwen sees all the toys and is instantly looking around hoping to get a glimpse of her son.

"He isn't here. I took him to my moms this morning."

"Oh ok I'm sorry. I was just wondering what he looks like. Sorry."

"I didn't want him here if you came back which I figured you would."

"Oh." Gwen said a little shocked by his blunt honesty

Blake can see the shocked expression on her face. What did she expect? He doesn't know her and he sure isn't gonna put his nephew at risk. She is a mother, she should know this.

"You knew I would come back?" She asks a little more hesitant than before and for a second he regrets being so harsh

"If it was my son I would try more than once."

"Yeah I couldn't leave without trying to talk to you again. I know I sound crazy and you probably think I'm nuts but it really is true."

"Your not nuts. Your telling the truth."

"You believe me? Why? What changed your mind?"

"Richie looks like you. Your boy looks like my brother. Do you want some coffee or sweet tea?"

Blake doesn't want to remain on the subject of his brother. It has been six months but it still hurts, especially after seeing the picture of that little boy. He looks like a miniature version of his brother.

"Coffee would be great." Gwen answers pulling him out of his thoughts

"You can go out on the back porch, I'll get it." Blake says pointing to the door that leads outside

Gwen smiles but Blake just turns for the kitchen and disappears. She takes a deep breath and heads out the door. She knew this would be hard but geeze would it hurt him to be a little less rude? She walks to the railing of the porch and looks out at all the land.

"Calming isn't it?" Gwen jumps but nods her head realizing it's just him. "We can sit over here at the table."

"Ok." She says throwing him a small smile

They both sit down at the table and Gwen takes a sip of her coffee.

"Thank you for talking with me."

"I'm not doing this for you its for the kids."

He doesn't know her full intentions in coming here but he wants to make it known that he is only talking to her because the kids deserve for him to hear her out.

"I understand and I still thank you."

"How did you figure it all out?" Blake asks curious

"My son, Jupiter, has been having a lot of ear infections lately. So many that the doctor has decided to place tubes in his ears to hopefully prevent anymore. Before the surgery he wanted to have some blood work done."

"He has to have surgery?" Blake interrupts concerned for his brothers son

"Yes. It's a very simple procedure thankfully. However when they got the results of his blood work back, the doctors office called me to come in for the results. He told based off of blood work they had on file for my husband and I, there was no way Jupiter could be our son. I was totally confused but apparently my husband and I are both negative blood types and Jupiter is A positive. He said there is no way for two negative blood types to make a positive blood type."