Feelings show

That night after the boys had gone to bed, Gwen and Blake were watching a movie just like they do almost every night when Blakes phone ringing.

"What the hell? Who is calling me this late?" He grumbles as he pauses the movie. "Hello?"

"Blake Shelton! How are you man?"

"Hey Luke. I'm good man good. Sitting here watching a movie with Gwen. How are you?"

"Not bad man not bad! So it is true you ran off to California and got married?"

"Yeah it was super spur of the moment. Neither of us wanted a big wedding so we just took the boys to the court house with us and got married."

"That's so crazy dude! So listen Caroline and I want to have a party tomorrow night and we want you and your wife to come."

"What kind of party are we talking here Luke? Like a family party or an adult party? We have two kids now too."

"It's a adult party but please think about it before you say no. I'm sure your mom would watch the kids and you guys can spend the night here so you don't have to worry about driving."

"Luke I don't know. I'll have to talk to Gwen and my mom and then I'll let you know."

"Ok sweet! I'm glad you found someone Blake. You deserve to be happy."

"Thanks man. I am I'm very happy. I'll talk to you later."

Blake hangs up and finds Gwen looking at him questioningly.

"That was my best friend Luke. He wants us to come to an adult party tomorrow. Meaning there is going to be a lot of drinking. He wants us to stay with them for the night so we don't have to worry about driving. If you don't want to just tell me and we won't go."

"What would we do with the boys?"

"Well I'll call my mom and see if she will keep them overnight. Which I highly doubt she would have a problem with."

"I've never left Jupiter. I have put him to bed every night his whole life."

"It's ok we don't have to go. I'll text him."

"NO! That's not what I said. We can go I just can't promise that I won't get emotional about it."

"We don't have to go Gwen. It's really not that big of a deal."

"No we can go. But only if your mom keeps the boys. I don't want anyone else to keep them."

"Alright I'll call her in the morning. If we get there and your to uncomfortable or you don't want to stay for any reason please tell me and we will leave."

"I promise."

With that they turn their attention back to the movie.
                                                                   ......................................................
They next evening they drop the boys off at Dots House. She was more than excited to have both of the boys spending the night with her. Gwen had done good until they started walking back to the truck. Blake saw the tears rolling down her face. He walked her to her side of the truck and opened to door, but before he moved to let her get in he pulled her into a hug. It felt so good to have her in his arms again. He just wished this was something they could do when she was happy not just sad. She clung to him for a few minutes before she finally was able to get herself under control.

"It's ok Gwen. They are gonna have fun with my mom and we will be here picking them up before we know it."

Gwen just smiled and nodded her head, to afraid if she tried to talk the tears would start again. They road in silence for a little while on the way to Luke's until Gwen got the nerve up to talk to Blake about tonight.