Bonding Time

Things had been quiet and awkward between Blake and Gwen since that night at the Mexican restaurant. There wasn't to much interaction between them, only when it pertained to the boys. They had agreed to split the time with the boys. One would have a day with the boys and then they would switch the next day. The boys enjoyed spending time with each parent however the tension in the room at night you could tell was affecting them. They were more clingy than they had been and were very fussy. Both boys started waking up about once a night when they had been sleeping through the night. Gwen was at a loss for what to do. Today was her day with boys and she had planned to take them to the park however the rain kept them in the house. So Gwen decided it was a Mickey Mouse marathon kind of day. She put Mickey Mouse on and got them their toys before she settling down on the couch with her laptop. She decided to write some while the boys were being good. She hadn't gotten a lot of writing done in the last few weeks and her publisher was pressuring for a sequel to her newly released best seller.

She worked on the sequel for a while looking up to see what the boys were doing every few minutes and when she heard a bunch of noice which happened quiet often since they were boys. Richie had been teaching the more laid back Jupiter to rough house and he seemed to be learning quickly. At lunch time Gwen took the boys in the kitchen feeding them yogurt and fruit. It wasn't to long before it was time for nap and Gwen carried both boys upstairs and put them in their cribs. She decide to write on her bed considering she could hear the boys better. She was deep into a chapter when she was startled by a knock at her door.

"Oh my gosh Blake you scared me." She said placing a hand on her heart

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"I know it's ok. What's up?"

"I just got off the phone with my mom and she was wondering if we could come over for dinner tonight. She really wants to meet you and Jupiter."

"Hmm yeah that's fine. I put the boys down about an hour ago so they should be up in the next hour or so. What time do we need to be ready?"

"She said dinner at 6. So maybe 5ish, that way they can get their gushing over the boys done with before dinner."

"Ok sounds good." She said and Blake began to walk away "Hey Blake?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"Are you sure I should go? I mean you can take the boys on your own if you think that would be better. Its not like I am part of the family or anything."

"Gwen you are part of the family, you are the boys mom, and my mom wants to meet you to. Please done make this difficult and just come. Ok?"

"Ok"

As Blake left out of sight the nerves began to settle in the pit of Gwen's stomach. How was his mom gonna take her? She remembers that he said his mom is nice to everyone but look at the situation they are in. It's not exactly conventional. She doesn't have long to dwell on her thoughts as she hears Jupiter crying. She gets up quickly to him not wanting him to wake Richie. If her and Jupiter stay here, they are going to have to separate the boys. They each are going to need their own rooms. Once Gwen has Jupiter she returns to her bed with her baby boy. He cuddles into her chest and they both let go of a sigh.

"Momma loves you baby boy. I know we don't get a lot of time for just you and me anymore but I think that's something that momma needs to make sure we get from now on."

Jupiter snuggled closer into Gwen's chest "momma" he said before falling back to sleep. Gwen must have fallen asleep as well because she suddenly awakes to the sound of Richies cry's. She looks to see Jupiter fast asleep and works to lay him on the bed and heads to get Richie.
                                                                        ..................................................
By five o'clock Gwen has both boys in the living room dressed and ready to go to dinner. She is so nervous she doesn't know what to do with herself. When she turns around she finds Blake standing at the door looking at her and she feels her cheeks turn red.