4

Percy POV
I ended up carrying Hazel all the way to Chaos' palace as she was too distraught. "Haze, I'm okay." She sniffed, "Percy, you are too pure and kind to have had something like that done to you." I smiled and placed a hand on her cheek and I kissed her head. She smiled and finally let me go. I sighed and looked up. I took a step back with everyone else.

The castle was extraordinary. The black walls contrasted against the gold doors. Dark blue flags lined the tops. Pearl looking stones lined the edges. "Welcome home." Chaos pushed the giant doors open. The inside was a dark purple with black furniture. I was staring at the interior that I came nose to nose with a guy. I blushed and backed away. Jason snickered and Thalia was shaking. I glared, "Sorry. I wasn't paying attention."

The boy held his hand out, "I could tell. Damian Jades." I shook his hand, "Percy Jackson." He nodded, "We know. We've been waiting for our leader." He flashed white teeth as that was all I could see. I looked behind him and saw two other girls to his right standing with one other guy. And there was two guys and one girl to his left. He reached up and slipped his hood off and the others followed.

Damian had electric blue eyes and shaggy black hair. He had rammed skin with scars littered about his arms. He was strongly built and was a little taller than myself. The two girls to his left had light blue eyes with blonde curls. The were slightly darker with a few more scars as did the last guy. The other guy looked like Damian except he was shorter. To his left, the two guys had startling gold eyes and quiffed black hair. They had light olive skin with even lighter scars. One boy had a very distinct scar that ran from his left temple, crossed his nose and ended at his right cheek. The girl had dark brown eyes and light brown hair to match her skin. She had no visible scars except for one across her eye that looked like claw marks from a dog.

"To my right, are the twins, Fawn and Dawn. Then, Haskel. They're children of Zeus. Myself, I'm a child of Jupiter." I shook their hands in turn to their names. The girl on his left walked up, "I am Datel, daughter of Pluto. My half brothers, Felix and Hugo. Twin sons of Hades." I shook their hands, "Well, I'm Percy. Son of Poseidon. This is Thalia, daughter of Zeus and Jason, son of Jupiter. Then Nico is a son of Hades and Hazel is a daughter of Pluto." Damian shook hands with them then I cleared my throat.

"So, um, are there any Poseidon or Neptune children?" The twins saddened and Haskel spoke, "There was. They were two sets of twins. We were on a mission a few centuries back when we first found out about assassins assigned to kill us. They way we found out was through the death of three of the four. The last son, has gone insane and is paralyzed waist down. He has not left his room. He's been scarred in every way possible. I'm sorry Percy, but he will not be here much longer.

"We don't die anymore but we do fade." I nodded, "Can I see him?" Datel nodded, "Damian take them to their rooms. I'll take Percy." He nodded and motioned for them to follow. Hazel squeezed my hand before leaving. I turned back to Datel and she led me down a lot of hallways. She stopped at a sea green door, "Hes the last son of Poseidon until you. Then you'll be the last." She muttered then left.

I took in a deep breath and slowly opened the door. Once all the way in, I saw the back of unruly black hair just like mine. "Percy Jackson." I froze at the rough voice. "I've been waiting for you for a long time." The chair turned and I met sea green eyes just like mine. Broken. Lost. Tired. Empty.

"My nickname is manster. Do you know what it means?" I shook my head, unable to form words. "Man made monster. Chaos turned me into a weapon. Only because I allowed her too. Keep a conscious, Percy. Don't lose sight of wanting to do good." I swallowed hard, "I know you have had a rough life. I know you had an abusive stepfather, I know you were just betrayed by your parent, and I know you hate them. Even your girlfriend. We all go through it. But, there has never been one child of Poseidon or Neptune that didn't go insane or was betrayed. Stay sane and stay a hero.

"I haven't heard my actual name in so many years that I've forgotten it. Don't allow Chaos to turn into what you hate." Time seemed to slow as he warned me.

His breaths started to slow and something started to beep. "Promise me." His eyes shone with guilt and regret, "Promise...me..." the door burst open, "Promise to stay a hero." He exhaled one last time before the light left his eyes. The beeping stopped and the people behind me sobbed. "No...." Dawn whispered. I swallowed. My breathing quickened and I couldn't stay inside. I bolted outside and ignored the screams of my name.

I bursted through the gold doors and ran back out to the fields. I ran and ran and ran. I didn't stop till I saw water. I collapsed into the familiarity of the water. The water calmed my nerves and I steadied my breathing. Creatures stared at me in curiosity and some even tried to speak to me but I couldn't understand them. Eventually I saw a black mass of something before I felt jaws clamp around my shirt. I wriggled in fear but the thing pulled me out.

I was dropped and I crawled away. I flipped to my back and came face to face with a giant black wolf and another white wolf. The black wolf had light blue eyes and the white wolf had blood red eyes. I gasped for air and the white wolf slowly came up to me. I allowed it to crawl to me then it licked my head.

I chuckled with relief, "You guys aren't that scary are you." The black wolf yipped and I petted their heads. "You need a name." The sat their giant bodies down and I just ran my fingers through the thick fur. "How about, Amarok and Asena. Yeah. Let's see." I quickly checked and established that the black wolf was a girl and the white wolf was a boy so the black is now Asena and the boy is Amarok. I stood up and sighed, " I guess I better head back. Wanna come? I'm sure Chaos won't mind." The barked and wagged their tails.

I stepped back when they stood. They were about ten feet tall and looked to be about ten feet long. I laughed and rubbed their legs. I started walking in one direction but Asena grabbed my collar and set me on Amaroks back. I rubbed the back of my neck as we went the opposite way.