The Chapter you've All Been Waiting For

[sorryyyuyyyyyyyy! I know this hadn't been updated in like a millennium but my life is a mess so yeah! Not sure where this story is going right now, so I'd love some suggestions about what you think is gonna happen next. Either way, enjoy!!]

Turns out it was quite a long night. William fell asleep fairly quickly despite the noise echoing from Ronald's room upstairs and the strange lumpy objects under the couch cushions. He must have gotten at least two hours of sleep according to the clock in the corner, before he heard a smashing noise in the kitchen.

"Spida!" He gasped waking from a nightmare. "No... that was just a dream..." blinking back to reality he sat in silence and began to count down from ten, deciding that if he heard nothing by the time he reached one that he must have imagined the noise. Three... two... SMASH! Another glass broke in the kitchen.

With a lot of effort, William pushed himself up off the sofa to 'investigate' or more likely knock out which ever drunk Grim Reaper was causing all the chaos. Honestly, even at a 'work party' as Ronald called it, he still had to manage everyone. He reached the kitchen and sucked in a breath. Damn it! His head told him, damn it damn it damn it! He should have just stayed put and gone back to sleep, but no! He's an idiot and now he was alone in the kitchen with his red headed reaper who couldn't even find his own glasses amongst the smashed glass which he had clearly knocked when he was looking for them. Taking just a moment to watch Grell and absorb all the beautiful planes of his face, he then spotted the red frames on the sideboard. Will grabbed them and placed them next to Grell - who was still groping around on the floor for them - and turned to leave the room before Grell regained sight and saw he was there. Like a secret act of kindness type thing. Obviously all his reaper training wasn't good enough since he moved so slow that he was caught by his wrist as he left the room. He would have known those red fingernails anywhere.

"Thank you Will," Grell mumbled, probably a lot less hyper from being drunk.

"Uh - um... no problem." Will stuttered in response, somehow three time more nervous than when he had been on the cliff edge.

"And thank you for what you said earlier." He looked up his eyes gleaming in the darkness. His hair was falling down his shoulders in a tumbling mess and his shirt was creased. He gently tucked a strand of red behind his ear and gave a half hearted smile. Will sucked in a breath. Grell truly was beautiful, lady or not.

Then William T. Spears did something unbelievably unexpected. Think of 10, no 100 things... well even if you guessed it no other reaper ever would have (except Ronnie <3). He kissed Grell Sutcliff. And not just a quick peck on the lips, he was kissing him like he didn't know he knew how to. He ran his fingers through red strands of hair as his hand held Grell's back. The red head recovered from his initial shock and curled his arms around Will's neck. Grell tasted like strawberries. Ok, and alcohol but it gave the kiss a bitter sweet kind of feel. And then Will pulled back, ending it. An emptiness seemed to eat him up from the inside at the distance that existed between them. Grell leaned forward almost as if he didn't realise it was over and Will frowned. The beginnings of a shy smile crossed Grell's face, accompanied by a deep scarlet blush. Against all reasoning and voices in his head screaming at him, Will brushed the hair out of Grell's eyes...

And kissed him all over again.

"I love you just the way you are." Will said smiling as they finally broke apart. He paused as they stared at each other in awe for a while, then "God damn it, what did I just do?"

"If you regret it... I... I'll be fine."Grell looked at the floor and drew circles with his red toenail. "I know... well you... I don't blame for my death you know. Or Spida's. I never have and I never will. I get it if you feel guilty or whatever. But... ah..." he took a deep breath. "Whatever happens now I promise I'll be fine even if I can't help but love you, I won't blame you for anything or bug you anymore. I promise." The words seemed to tumble out at record speed but Will understood them all perfectly.

"Say that again."

"I won't blame you." Grell said. There was a new tone of resolve in his voice.

"No, before that."

"I'll be fine?"

"Even if..." Grell's forehead wrinkled a little as he tried to remember.

"I can't help but love you." It came out as a whisper but Will still heard it.

"Exactly." Will whispered back. Grell's eyes widened a little. "So I guess it's time for me to stop being a coward and admit that it's completely true. Both ways."

"William... you mean..."

"I love you." And he kissed him again, short and sweet. Something told him he would never get enough of kissing Grell.

They returned to the living room shortly after, hand in hand. Ronald seemed to have either the crappiest heating ever known to reaper kind or it wasn't even turned on. The living room was only slightly less freezing but it had a few clean blankets which was something. Deciding to join Grell on the floor instead of returning to his sofa, William watched with a small smile on his face as Grell slowly fell asleep, hair spilling across the pillow. Eventually his own eyes closed to as his brain committed all the days events to memory.

[hehehe, what did you think? Good or no? I've never actually written a fanfic that wasn't character x oc before this so they're probably ooc but I tried :)]