0034

"I think your cat might like me." Sebastian grinned as he smooths his hand down Dany's spine, the cat purring against his touch.

"I think Dany likes you." Sofia nods before briefly glancing at her other cat. "I'm not too sure about Drogo...he looks a little jealous," she laughs, beckoning him to her with simple wave of her hand.

"Mi lindo." Sofia kisses him all over, giving him all of her attention. "No..seas celosa."

Dany who was watching the whole interaction with sharp focus didn't hesitate to slip out of Sebastian's grasp and quickly joining the love fest.

"They adore you," he points out."

"They're my babies!"

He smiles at that. "Since you travel a lot, who takes care of them when you aren't home?"

"If my mom is home, she usually comes by or someone else in the family," she answers. "'My tía Alba lives about ten minutes away."

For the next two hours, Sofia and Sebastian stayed up until the late hours of the night just...talking. Learning more about each other, laughing together and loving every second of it.

Sebastian learned she was half Indonesian by her father who passed away when she was a baby. He noticed  that whenever she laughed, her nose did this thing where it unconsciously scrunched up. And the more they spoke, the more he realized just how shy she is—purposely avoiding his eye contact and looking away whenever he complimented her.

Sofia on the other hand discovered that Sebastian was a natural charmer and the more they got to know each other, the more she was starting to realize she didn't stand a chance. He spoke with such ease and warm smiles. He absolutely adores his mother and she loves the way his eyes brighten whenever he speaks about her.

Two o'clock in the morning rolled by and they both decided they should head to bed. Neither of them spoke on it, the sudden tension that hung in the air or the hesitation they both shared as if they were questioning which room to head to.

"I'll see you in the morning." Sebastian says. It's quiet for a long second before he leans over to give her a kiss, one that she happily accepts. "Good night love."

Sofia couldn't help herself and she stole another kiss from him. "Good night Sebastian."

He loved how she pronounced his name.

They lingered in each other's presence for a second longer...slowly inching away until departing to two separate rooms.

Sofia let out a content sigh the second she was in her bedroom, leaning her head against the back of her door. A smile stayed curved against her lips the entire time she showered and prepared for bed.

Tucked beneath her covers, she kept her eyes on the ceiling, getting more and more restless as minutes passed by. She didn't understand how she was supposed to relax enough to sleep when the man that made her lose all her senses was in the next room over.

Sofia
Are you awake?

Sebastian
Yes

Sebastian
I was just about to text you

Sofia
Really?

Sebastian
Yeah

Sofia
Do you maybe wanna come
over here?

She stared at the screen, watching the typing bubble appear before disappearing. She frowned just a little.  Did read things wrong? Did she take it step too far?

Those questions fell away from the sound of her bedroom door opening.

"Hi there." His voice filled the room.

Sofia glanced at over at him, softly signing at the sigh of his shirtless body paired with a pair of sweats.

"Can't sleep?"

She didn't speak, so she simply shook her head.

The both of them just stared at each other, silently asking if they were both ready to take another step. It was Sofia who answered, patting the empty side of her bed and Sebastian didn't hesitate to slip beneath her white comforter, his warm body almost immediately heating her own.

"I should probably warn you that I like cuddling, so if I somehow end up on you...I apologize?"

"Funny that you think I'd want you anywhere else." Sebastian's voice sounded so low in the darkness of her bedroom. She almost forgot to breath at the touch of his hands curling all over her body, his mouth pressing a kiss against her shoulder blade.

"I..like this." Her voice was quieter than usual.

"So do I." He says, placing another kiss on her body.