Chapter Two

The next morning everyone woke up, feeling fresh and revitalized, and ready to start a new day. Alexis and George were actually welcomed to the morning by the smell of brewing coffee downstairs, so they had to go see what was going on. When they got downstairs, George's parents had started some coffee, and already had cups setting out for everyone.

"Mom,Dad, what's all this about?" George asked.

"Well,we are staying here for a while, the least we can do is make ourselves useful." Josephine said, smiling.

"That is so backwards, you are our guests, it should be the other way around." Alexis said, confused.

"Honey,you do enough around here, we can carry part of the load now that we are here, a bit of extra help never hurt anybody." Ed explained."Now enough of the fuss, lets drink some coffee, and then go check on our little patient."

With no objections, Alexis and George drank two cups of coffee, before heading upstairs to check on their daughter, and right behind them was Josephine and Ed. They all quietly entered the room, surprised to see Angelica sitting upright in her bed. She looked up, when the door shut behind them.

"Hey honey, how do you feel today?" Alexis asked.

"I'ma bit tired, but I am doing alright for the most part, I guess."Angelica said, with a yawn.

"That is good to hear. Do you think you have the strength to come downstairs for breakfast?" George asked.

"I think so, can you help me down daddy?" Angelica asked.

"Always."George answered, and went over to the bed, to help his daughter.

He took her by the hand and helped stand her up, giving her a second to regain her balance. Then they began to walk down the stairs, and into the kitchen, where Angelica sat up at the bar. Yawning she looked at her mother and smiled.

"Would you like some orange juice?" Alexis asked.

"Sure mom, that would be really nice. I am really thirsty." Angelica said.

Smiling,Alexis poured her daughter a cup of orange juice, and brought it over to her. She threw it back with one drink, and then let out a long burp.

"Thank you." she said, giggling. "So what are we having for breakfast?"

"Well,I'm thinking we could have breakfast burritos, something quick and easy, because I know you must be hungry." Josephine said.

"Thank you Grandma, I actually am really hungry. I feel like I haven't eaten in days." Angelica said.

"Well,honey, you haven't eaten in almost three days. So I would think the same thing." George said.

"Do you want me to help? I can sit here and cut tomatoes and shred the cheese." Angelica offered.

"Sure,I don't think that would be a problem, I would love for your help."Josephine said, happily.

Then,with that being said, Josephine got the cutting board down, and the tomatoes, handing them to Angelica. She also got down the cheese grater, two bowls, and the cheese and put them in Angelica's work space. Her mom, also got her another glass of orange juice, to drink while she helped make breakfast. This was the first "normal morning" they have had in quite some time, and so far, everything was smooth sailing. They were able to work together, and get breakfast prepared, and for once, they were able to eat dinner as a family. It was very nice, and everyone laughing and smiling was a bonus on top of it all. After breakfast, they cleaned the kitchen,and then decided to have a family game day, and play cards for awhile.

There was some ounce of hope for the family that things were going to get better, and they could get their lives back. Could this be the beginning of something great for the family? Or is the calm before the ending of peace?

Three Weeks Later:

Things had seemed to be going great for everyone. George started working from home for a while to help out with his daughter, and his parents moved in temporarily as an extra set of hands to help everyone out.Family dinners, lunches, and even game nights have been brought back into the house as well as laughter and smiles. The sun seemed to shine brighter everyday, and everyone was lucky to be blessed with another day to wake up and allow their feet to hit the ground.Everything was finally turning around, and getting back to the way it was supposed to be. Also over the last three weeks, they have been able to finally leave the house and go places together as a family.They did a couple of dinners out, went shopping for food and clothes,and even hosted a small house party for the new neighbors that recently moved in next door. It was almost picture perfect, but couldn't be better if they tried.

However,the family will soon come to realize that just because things are going good and peaceful, that eventually it will all come crashing down like a ton of bricks. Nothing this great lasts forever, and this time they will have to act quickly and think fast, because things are actually worse than before. There is a huge possibility that they very well may lose their daughter, nothing else matters but saving her life.

Anyway,all the adults were downstairs starting on dinner together, and laughing talking over a glass of wine. It was so nice to be cooking together like they have been lately, George and Alexis can't remember the last time the whole family was together cooking, or just spending time together in general. George smiled looking at his mom, and decide to bring it up.

"So mom, we are going to have to have you and dad out here more often for things like this. Just maybe when things... calm down, and not life threatening to anyone like this." he said.

"I would actually really like that George. We need to spend more family time together, and need to see our granddaughter more than two times out of the year. We don't live very far away." Josephine said.

"We know, and things are going to change. After we handle this, we are going to make plans to see you you more often, and to have you guys over more." Alexis said.

"That would be great." Ed added.

"Great,now lets get dinner finished, so we can eat, I'm hungry." George said.

Smiling and laughing they finished getting dinner ready, and all gathered at the table after calling down Angelica. Dinner went really well, and everyone pitched in to clean up the kitchen, and then gathered around the table to play cards for family game night. They played until around midnight, and decided to call it quits, so they could get some sleep. So they all said their good nights and headed to bed, eager what the next day would bring them.

Though nothing could prepare any of them for what the next day, or few weeks had in store for them. Things go from good to horrible at the drop of a dime, and life just comes to a screeching stop. They soon realize the first exorcism was unsuccessful, and they must act fast, time is very precious and it is running out fast. What will the family do in order to get back control and order of their life? Only time will tell.