Chapter Seven

It must have been some time in the early morning, whenever they decided to put the cards down, and regroup.

"We have been playing for hours, does anyone else feel like maybe we should get some sleep?" Josephine said suddenly.

"Actually,sleep sounds like a great idea. A little cat nap, never hurt anyone any." George added.

"Alright,you guys, I have had a great time playing tonight. We will talk again in about four hours or so." Father Bradley said.

Then with that, they all headed upstairs to try and get some sleep.However, the next morning, they are seriously going to wish they had ended the night differently. Though it was a perfect end to a perfect half day, some people just don't see it that way...

The Next Morning

All the adults woke up around the same time, and just met downstairs in the kitchen, as they have for the past few days. When they heard the water turn on, they figured Angelica was taking a bath, not really any red flags going up there. They sat down for a while and had a cup of coffee, and just had a normal conversation, as if nothing happened the past couple of days, it was too horrid to even mention or think about. Anyway, they should be out of the woods for a while right? Well, at least one would think so....

Meanwhile back in Angelica's room, she had run herself a full bathtub of warm water, and got down to her tank top and shorts, and slowly climbed into the warm water, allowing her head to fall back a bit while enjoying the feel of the water relaxing her body, which is exactly what she wanted. As she lay there, she thought of everything that had been going on the last few days; however, the image she couldn't get out of her mind, were those of her mother, looking like she had been attacked by some wild animal, yet she said she was alright? Something isn't adding up there, and it was really weird. Anyway here is the last thing that went through her mind:

I have been completely out of my element lately, and I am so tired of not feeling normal anymore, it is time for me to take a stand against every damn thing, once and for all. This is my life, my body, I control what goes on, nothing is ever going to hurt me, I will make sure of that....

Her hand started to tremble, as she held the razor blade to her wrist,and tears flowed from her eyes like waterfalls. For one second in time, she was actually thinking logically, and wondered how her parents would feel if she was gone, but she snapped out of it right away. She didn't want to keep being taken over by whatever got a hold of her over these past few months, and with that thought set in stone, she slid the sharp razor across her wrist, watching as the blood poured out. Then she did the same thing with her other one. It was slightly painful, but the euphoria that came with the pain, made it worth it.

Angelica held her hands up, and watched as the blood ran down her arms, it was a pure art form to her, then as her vision started going in and out,and her head starting to spin, she gently sat her arms in the water,and lay her head back, closing her eyes. She laughed quietly, as she felt herself getting weaker, and then eventually, she felt nothing.It was like she wasn't even there, Angelica was gone....

After about an hour, the adults decided to go see what was keeping her,they had no idea at the time, what had happened to the young girl. So they were all smiling, and not suspecting anything at all when they went in Angelica's room, and it was empty.

"Oh that is right, she was taking a bath. She should be doing her hair at this moment." Alexis said, opening the bathroom door.

Angelica wasn't at the sink, so she opened the door a bit further, and saw her daughter's lifeless body in the bathtub. Alexis dropped to the floor and started screaming. George ran over to his distraught wife, and saw why she was screaming and crying, he tried to run to his daughter but his dad stopped him.