Chapter Six

When they got into the room, Angelica looked terrible. Even though,spiritually, she wasn't there, her shell/vessel, was being controlled like a puppet from this evil entity, that decided to attach to her somehow. Her body was all gashed up and bruised up, her hair looked like it was matted down with her blood, and a couple of other things,her eyes looked like deep endless black holes, and to top off the terrible look, she was growling in that low, throaty tone. This thing was slowly taking over this girl's body, and if the next few exorcisms are unsuccessful, there will be no hope for the family, and they will have completely lost their little girl for good.

Anyway,ignoring the terror that just lay a few feet ahead of them, Father Bradley pulled out his cross and Bible. Then he turned towards the other three adults in the room and said,

"The same rules apply as last time. Keep your distance, and don't listen to it no matter what. This demon/spirit, whatever it may be will try to say anything to get to you, just remember, no matter what, you cannot break."

They all nodded, and took a corner of the room. Father Bradley took his place at the foot of the bed, and took a breath. Then he started to pray, and got the exorcism started. Not even two minutes into the exorcism, Angelica's body started convulsing violently, and then just stopped suddenly after a few seconds. Then the top part of her body slowly arose, and she scanned all four adults with with her eyes and started laughing diabolically.

"You people are all so clueless, do you not realize my strength grows, the more I feed off of this child's energy?!" the demon child shouted.

George and his mother jumped back, something about the way the voice came out, was just slightly terrifying. It sounded like a demon from some horror movie, that is how powerful it was. However, they still stood their ground.

"Demon,release your hold on this innocent child!" Father Bradley shouted suddenly.

"Ha,never going to happen! It would literally take a death for me to release my hold on this little slut!" the demon shouted.

"You do not speak of my daughter that way!" George shouted back.

"Well,how about I take the life of your dumb ass wife instead? She's almost dead anyway, I did quite a number on her!" she shouted back.

"Enough!Arguing with evil isn't going to get you anywhere!" Father Bradley shouted. "Now get back on track."

Father Bradley continued with his prayer and ended it with 'In Jesus name I pray! Amen!' Then Angelica's body went into violent convulsions again, but this time, her head was jolted back, and she started screaming like she was in excruciating pain. After lasting about two minutes, her body fell completely still. Following that, and eerie silence fell over the entire room. It was like a bone chilling silence, that made the hairs on the back of their necks stand up, and they just stood there waiting, and watching. In a sense, they were also kind of worried because Angelica just lay there, almost lifeless. It almost looked as if she wasn't breathing, and that sight made George's face grow cold. First he almost loses his wife, due to an attacked performed by his daughter/demon, and now the possibility of losing his daughter, it was just too much to grasp all at once. He started shaking and tearing up. Was this the end? Were they too late to save his little girl?

They were getting ready to pronounce her dead, whenever she started coughing, and breathing again. The restraints hadn't been removed yet, because they didn't know if it was the demon, or if it was Angelica, so they had to be careful because of last time. Anyway,George was able to let off a sigh of relief, just knowing that his daughter was breathing again. Father Bradley slowly walked up to Angelica, and checked her pulse to see if she was alright. It was a little bit low, but nothing that needed too much worry, just a bit of monitoring here and there.

"Honey,how are you feeling?" George asked.

"A bit tired, but I think I am fine. Can we please remove the restraints?" Angelica asked politely.

"Sure,I don't think we have anything to worry about right now." Father Bradley said. "George and Ed, you can go ahead and remove the restraints. She isn't a threat in her current state."

Without hesitation, they both walked over to the bed, and happily removed the restraints. Once removed, Angelica arose, and started rubbing her wrists, that were a bit sore from being tied so tightly.

"So where is mom?" she suddenly asked.

"Well,she's... downstairs. Sleeping." George said.

"Can I see her?" Angelica asked.

"I don't really think that is such a..." George was cut off by his mother.

"Son,don't stop the girl from seeing her mother. Take her to where she is,she does have a right to see her." Josephine said.

"I suppose you are right Mom." George said with a sigh. "I wasn't thinking about that.

SoGeorge helped his daughter out of bed, and took her downstairs towhere her mother was sleeping. She must of awaken though, becausewhen they got downstairs, she was sitting upright on the couch.Alexis looked like she was feeling better, though her body and facelooked as if she had been mauled by an angry stray animal of somesort, but she wasn't letting it get to her. However, Angelica beganto tear up seeing her mother that way.

Shewent to go sit next to her injured mother.

"Mom,are you alright?" she asked, wiping her tears.

"Iam fine baby girl. This... this is nothing, it will heal up in notime." Alexis explained. "I don't feel any pain as of right now."

"Idon't see how, you look like you have stared the other side of deathin the face, and it won."

"Ipromise you, I will be alright. Now, what we need to talk about, isyou. How are you feeling?"

"LikeI explained to the Priest person, I feel fine. I am just really tiredis all. I just... I don't know, I feel odd, and off. I have felt likethis for a while, I just don't know what is going on with me lately."

"Listento me, we are going to figure what has you feeling the way you havebeen, and we won't stop until we know that you are better." Alexissaid.

"Iknow Mom, it just gets annoying." Angelica said with a sigh.

Angelica'smom nodded in agreement, and pulled her closer for a hug, forgettingthat she was hurt. Alexis winced slightly in pain, but didn't let herdaughter see or hear it.

"Well,what do you want to do now that you are awake?" Alexis asked.

"Whydon't we order pizza and play cards, we haven't done that in quitesome time." Angelica said happily.

"Youknow what, I think that sounds like a great idea." George addedquickly.

Sowith that being said, they waited for everyone else to comedownstairs to discuss what everyone else wanted to order, so theycould all get what they wanted. After about 45 minutes, the pizza hadarrived. George went and paid for it, while his mother got down theplates, and cups for coke. Then, Alexis helped serve everyone'splate, and Angelica poured the drinks, passing them out as they gotfull. Once served, George shuffled the cards and dealt them out, andthe game was on....

Theyplayed for hours, before they decided to even think about quitting,and enjoyed every second of it too. They were normal again for once,even if it was just for a little while, they cherished every secondthey had to spend, not only with Angelica, but each other. They neverknew which moment would be their last, and none of them were going toplay Devil's advocate to find out either....