o1: "HALLE-F*CKING-LUJAH!"

Chapter One: "HALLE-F*CKING-LUJAH!"

I’ve never been one to do anything rebellious.

Always sitting at home, always watching the world keep spinning on without me, always staring through an old, dirty glass window into what kind of life I should be living but never actually got the chance to live.  Hell, I glanced into that dirty window so often and so intensely, that sometimes it felt as if that window would break and I’d actually be living in what I was looking at - what I was dreaming about.  But the window never broke, I was always just watching.  It f*cking killed me to just sit there - I hated it.

Though, it wasn’t like I had a choice when it came to what I did with my life.  I came from a very important family that was filled with back-stabbers and fakes just waiting for me to mess up.   With a Senator as a father and a control freak as a mother, my life had been planned out for me before I was born.  I was never supposed to bring bad publicity on the family, nor was I supposed to be anything less than perfect.  Which basically turned me into an ‘Ap-class, principal lapdog-ing, valedictorian, goodie goodie honors student’ by the time I graduated high school.  

High school wasn’t that awful though.  I had a pretty normal four years there; I had friends, I passed classes, I watched fights break out, I had boyfriends (though not many), I had to live through drama.  But who really made it bearable was being best friends with Charlie Weathers.  

Charlie and I have been best friends since we could walk.  We grew up with each other since our parents were extremely close.  Well accounting for they worked together.  So, basically Charlie knew the pain I felt dealing with my ‘perfect’ parents.  Her parents are just the same way when it comes to Charlie’s life.  Both of our parents are extremely controlling.  Sometimes I feel like I am their personal barbie doll.  ‘You have to get a hundred on this test’, ‘Your hair is so flat. How can you even go to school looking like that?’, ‘No wonder you do not have a boyfriend right now . I mean look at what you are wearing.’  Her words rang through my head like they were a song put on constant play and repeat.

But I just wanted to put the past eighteen some years behind me and live a little.  Be free.  Be who I want to be, not who my parents wanted me to be.

So as Charlie talked me into going on a road trip with her, I decided it would be probably the best idea ever. Not having to deal with my parents, stepping outside of the ‘box’ I lived inside of, breaking a law or two, and best of all, spending every second with my best friend.

I just wish I had those type’s of parents who were ‘workaholics’.  Never caring about me, or making sure I was their ‘perfect’ daughter.  I just wished I could take care of myself.  No one has any idea how much I cannot wait till I can go to college.  I was so getting out of this h*ll hole town with lucifer herself and living a little.

My mom may have a ‘perfect reputation’ right now, but wait until I am running around this country getting myself in trouble and being a dare-devil.  No one has any idea how much I despise my mother.  Usually teenage girls love their mothers’; their mothers’ were their best friends.  Well hate to rain on someone’s (my very own mother’s) parade, but I would never even consider her my best friend.  I actually get sick in the stomach every time I see, hear, or think about her.

I have even tried to tell her my very own opinions, or what I believe in, but she does not even give anything I say a second thought.  I thought she thought I was lower-class than her no, wait, I knew she thought I was more lower-class than she was.  I actually think my mother regrets ever getting pregnant with me.  Well, I have half the notion to ask her if she has ever heard of ‘safe sex’ or a ‘condom.’  Apparently she has not.