11: "If it's True Love, it's Meant to be."

Chapter 11:  "If it's True Love, it's Meant to be." 

You could say I am two things right now. Overly relieved and completely shell-shocked. The person standing in front of me right now, is someone that I did not expect to see. I figured after high school, I would never see him again. Rarely do people stay in touch after high school. Unless you stay in the town you live in. But it’s basically logic right? At least that is what I thought. So that is why I am more than shocked to see him. But a part of me is completely relieved to see him. Someone that I have been needing to see someone who actually makes me smile. I have been so emotionally drained lately, an old friend could possibly cheer me up. At least I think that is what I need right now.

“Well don’t you just look stunning tonight?” Cooper commented, making me blush. Cooper in a way was a big part of my life. He was a memory that I really did not want to forget. I know the relationship with him and I did not turn out well. H*ll none of my relationships have. But due to Charlie being a snitch and my mother being an invading of my privacy b*tch, I was forced to break up with him. I felt really bad breaking up with him, which lead him to never talking to me for over two years. I know I should have not done it over text messages, but it would of been so awkward in person, and we all know how much of a coward I can become. It was strange though. I thought we would never talk again in my life, but we had no signs of communications until tenth grade. When he started talking to me again, I was shocked. So we decided to stay friends together until we pretty much stopped talking after graduation. Luckily I was not having feelings for him anytime soon. I just do not need any guy drama in my life right now. I will stop feeling anything for Cooper, and TOC is way out of my league. Not in looks, but I just mean ever dating him again and what not.

“Cooper? Wh-what are you doing here? In Las Vegas? We live the whole way in Charleston, South Carolina! Does your mother know you are here? I cannot believe you are here. Like is this for-” I began rambling on with the most stupid, idiotic questions that came to mind. But what did you expect me to do? Sit back and think everything was cool? That it was not weird to find TOC in the city that was my designated place to travel to?

“Hello to you to Mickey. But I just came here because I am just living my life you know? Finally where I want to be. But tell me, what brings you here to Vegas?” He questioned, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. Jesus he had some toned arms. Shut the f*ck up Mickey. Boys are yucky and have cooties!

“Well Charlie, my best friend and I decided to come on a road trip here together, and we ended up finding to boneheads. Charlie's twin brother Cooper, and her ex-boyfriend, Alexander Gates. You remember him right?” I told him, and he just nodded his head. Of course everyone knew who Alexander f*cking Gates was. You would have to have been living under a rock to not know he was the biggest d*uche of d*uche history. Literally he could be the king of them.

“Oh so the other Cooper? Tell me how was his ‘boarding’ school?” TOC questioned, smirking at me.

“Well I guess it went good, I dunno. He is back in one piece though, so that must mean something right? But enough talk about them. Charlie and I are not exactly on speaking terms right now, and I am just more stressed out than anything. But uh how are you doing?” I asked, attempting to take the attention off of me. I really was not someone who liked talking to other people about myself. I would rather know about that person versus them finding out about me. Back to the coward Mickey I was.

I really could not fathom the idea of Cooper and the other Cooper being together in the same room. Not that they would really be associating, it's just they are in the same building though. I dunno but it was strange, if that made any sense. But I have no idea what to say. Why is Cooper even talking to me though.? I really thought he would never speak to me again. I mean would you speak to me either? After I did such a childish thing and broke your heart? Ugh, but not Cooper, but the other Cooper. The Cooper I dated.