15: "Weed. I like weed."

Chapter fifteen

“Do we have to leave?” Cooper whined, crossing his arms over his chest. Why was he acting like such a baby? It’s not like he was ever fond of Alex to begin with.

“Yes Cooper.” I said, giving Charlie a knowing look. It was finally amazing to say that I could indeed be best friends again with Charlie. I am not one hundred percent sure what exactly changed her mind, but I am really glad she got her head out of her *ss and decided to be the first one to apologize. Thank god Alex really was not in love with her. He was just using her for sex. I know that is a bad thing, but on my part it is truly a gift. It means no more Alex interfering with our amazing trip to Las Vegas. F*ck yeah!

“But he has free food here and a couch I can lounge around on!” Cooper exclaimed,  trying to win this argument. Tough luck my friend.

“And we have a stocked supply of chocolate in the car with your name on it.” Charlie said making Cooper go wide eyed.

“Really? You do, you do, you do?” Cooper was literally jumping up and down like a little girl. Ah the ways chocolate can control people’s life. I suppose it was rather nice. Now we did not have to sit here forcing Cooper to get into the car. “Wait you are not just saying that so I leave are you?”

“Yeah you better get going before the chocolate monster stills it.” I commented, pursing my lips together. So after that Cooper bolted to the front door faster than a runner during a marathon. “YES YOU ARE NOT KIDDING! F*CK OFF STUPID CHOCOLATE MONSTER!” I heard Cooper yell, making both Charlie and I laugh.

“I never knew Cooper could run that fast.” I muttered, smiling over at Charlie.

“Well I suppose the things we love make us do the inevitable.” She said, and I just nodded my head. The sad thing was those words were so true.

“Charlie, not to be all rude or anything, but did you ever love Alex?” I asked.

“What do you mean?”

“H-he was not just someone in your life, did you actually feel in love around him?”

“I guess after thinking about it, I honestly did not. I guess I just wanted someone to love and well you know he was there so I just thought I was in love with him.” Charlie replied, turning away from me. I know she thinks I think so low of her, but I honestly do not. In a sense I was in the same position with Cooper. I needed someone at the time, and well he was there. Speaking of Cooper, I should probably call him later or get ahold of him or something.

So after we searched the house two more times, making sure we did not leave anything behind, we left Alex’s without even saying goodbye. He could go f*ck himself to h*ll and back for all I cared. I honestly prayed that he rotted in h*ll. That he got a taste of his own kind of medicine. He really was foolish and selfish to treat Charlie the way he did. She is someone a guy would want in their life. Someone who can make you a better person. Perhaps that is why I consider myself a better person. From hanging around Charlie my entire life.

“So uh guys, where do you even plan on staying?” Cooper asked, shoving an entire candy bar into his mouth. How that was possible, I have no idea.

“You had to have gained like ten pounds after this week.” I said, rolling my eyes at Cooper. He just snickered at me.

“Babe you remember the two things I told you as to why I do not gain any weight? I exercise and have sex a lot. I think I will be fine.” He said, pinching my cheek, so I slapped his hand away. He was acting like my Grandma Linda.

“Hmm.. oh! I know where we could possibly stay. Just let me call him.” Charlie informed us making me raise an eyebrow at the word ‘him’.

“What ‘him’ to you think you are calling for us to stay with?” I questioned, giving her a flat look. I am sorry that I did not trust the guys Charlie hung around anymore. After spending time with Alex, I just have to say Charlie has bad taste in guys. Sorry not sorry.