20; rough patches

Since I still felt like the most horrible person in the world, I made Charlie and Cooper help me find which jail they were putting TOC in. I was determined to make them take me instead of him. I mean he did not even do any harm! He was just caught by the two stupid security guards since he tripped. But still, it should of been me who was caught and not him. Now he's going to have to serve, who knows maybe years in jail because of me. Ugh I was the stupid one who even agreed with Charlie when she told us about this plan. I should have thought twice about it and not done anything like that. It would solemnly make me feel better about myself, but you know. 

"Mickey, you know that it is going to be completely impossible to get him out or whatever you have in mind. How are we for sure going to even know where they are holding him in jail right now, huh?" Cooper asked, shaking his head at me. 

"Well when you like someone so much, you do crazy decisions and make sacrifices for them." I muttered, pulling my hair up into a messy ponytail. I was beyond frustrated, and this was giving me so much anxiety. I mean I barely slept last night. Maybe thirty minutes, but that was it. I just could not do it. I could not manage to sleep without thinking about how much of a f*ck up I was. 

"Mickey, I think Cooper has a point. I'm sorry we just are not going to be able to do this right now. We have to leave today to get home. Not worry about getting someone out of jail that you only started caring about when we got here. It's not like you even remembered him before you even met him again. So I really do not see why you are acting like this." Charlie told me, making me go red in the face and pissing me off even more. 

"Did you really just say that to me? What kind of friend even are you? Do you not realize how much he means to me? Just like the entire Alex incident with you. I think you have no room to speak for how you acted while doing whatever you did with Alex. I mean you completely shut me out over some bullsh*t lies, and you are going to sit here and lecture me over all of this? As if I am the bad person? Well at least TOC was decent enough to take the blame for your stupid, pathetic idea. I hope you are happy." I said, opening the car door and walking away from the parking lot we were currently sitting in. 

We just found some convenient store, and we were all hungry, so we were going to get some lunch before we had that heated argument. It just really upset me the way Charlie was thinking and acting lately. Maybe our fifteen years plus at being friends was enough for the both of us. Maybe it was just time to head home and face reality. Maybe we were thinking too much about everything in general. Maybe it was time to get our heads on striaght and focus on the rest of our life. And if this was how Charlie was going to act right now, I am not so sure if I even wanted to still be her friend when I reach college. Maybe we have just had enough bickering and all that in these last years. Somtimes it's just time to move on. 

So I walked up to the door of this store, and walked in, looking around. It seemed a little off just walking in here. There was a rich smell of smoke and nicotine that burned my lungs every time I had to take a breathe. There was this shady guy at the front desk playing with lottery tickets. No he was not scratching them off. He was just unwraveling them and then wraveling them back up. I mean I thought it was a bit insane to watch, but you know me. 

"Uh excuse me?" I called out, looking at the shady guy who's head popped up as soon as I spoke. 

"Oh you are talking to me. Sorry many people just ignore me in my life, so I am pretty use to it. Anyways what can I help you with?" He asked, dropping the lottery tickets he was playing with. 

"Could you point the direction of the bathroom?" I questioned, biting my lip nervously. 

"It's over there near the large refrigerators that hold of all our drinks." He told me, pointing his finger in that direction.