3. Niam

NIAM

He stood there completely frozen, unable to move a muscle in his body. Gasping for air. Looking around, desperately trying to find a way out of the mass. But all he could so through his now blurry, unfocused eyes were faces. Faces, hands, arms and other body parts. He whimpered, feeling closed in and frightened because he couldn't get out. There was no escape.

Where was Liam? His bandmate had been next to him just a minute ago. Before the fans had pounced them. And where was the bodyguard that had escorted them? Wasn't he supposed to protect them? Keep the fans at a safe distance? He though frantically. He wanted to scream. But he couldn't, because he had trouble breathing. His heart pounding hard against his chest. Eyes darted around, but everywhere he looked there were fans. Yelling and screaming at him. Grabbing him. Taking pictures and waving pieces of paper in front of his face.

He wanted to get out of here. No, he needed to get out of here. Before the panic attack he felt raising within him and was fighting against, would take a complete hold of him.

God, why wouldn't these fans let him be. Couldn't they see what they were doing to him?! They all knew he was claustrophobic, right? Or weren't this real fans and just obsessed fangirls, he wondered biting his lip. Normally most fans would let them be on their free days. Yeah, some might approach them, but they would always ask nicely if they could take a picture with them. Or get an autograph and he couldn't blame them for that.

But they had never pounced on them like this. Never really mobbed them. Not even in Australia where the fans had been crazy. Thousands of them waiting for them wherever they would go. Not even in Paris, were security had had the biggest trouble getting them through the hug crowd of fans.

'Why won't you leave me alone!' he mentally screamed.

Than suddenly a big hand grabbed his wrist, startling him. It pulled at his arm hard, almost making him fall over. Stumbling he let the hand pull him away from the spot he had been clustered at. Away from all the crazy girls, until he could finally see a familiar the yellow T-shirt he knew belonged to their bodyguard.

He let out a shaking breath of relief. Not only because it was their bodyguard that would protect him now, but also because it was a face he knew in the mass of unfamiliar faces. The man let him back to the hotel. To the safety it would bring and he felt like he could finally breath again. Taking a couple of deep breaths he tried to calm his panicky breathing. Tried to stop his heart from pounding against his poor chest.

And than suddenly there grew shirt walking ahead of him. Immediately he recognized it as it belonged to an all to familiar brown haired boy. Liam, he realized relieved. He wanted desperately to ran up to him, hug him, kiss him. Feel the older boy his arms around him. But he didn't. He restrained himself as a little voice in his head told him to wait till they were inside of the hotel.

So he waited, impatiently and with itching hands, till they had walked through the lobby. Until they were out of the sight of the fans. Only then. he finally threw himself at the Wolverhampton boy. Who easily caught him, probably expecting him to do this. Wrapping his arms around Liam's waist, he hid his face in the older his neck. Hands holding on tightly to the fabric of the older boy's gray shirt.

“Nialler are you alright?” He didn't have to look up to see Liam was worried. It was clear in his voice. “Are you ok, baby?”

Was he ok? He thought. No he wasn't. He was still shaking with fear. His eyes still stung with tears and his breathing was still ragged. But he thanked the lord that he had somehow kept himself calm enough to withhold a full panic attack. Because things could have ended really badly if he would have had one.

“Niall?” Liam asked softly.

“Getting there” he finally mumbled. Nuzzling his nose deeper in the crook of Liam's neck. Taking in the familiar scent. It always calmed him. Feeling safe and protected now that he was finally in his lovers arms.

“It's alright baby.” Liam told him, lips pressed against in his ear. Hands rubbing soothing circles on his back. “You're safe here. Those girls can get to you anymore.”

A sob escaped his throat as he realized the older was right. They couldn't touch him anymore. He was here, inside and those crazy fangirls were outside, with no an army of security-guards separating him from them. That made him feel like a giant weight had been lifted of his shoulder as a feeling of relief washed over him.

Liam pulled him even closer and he felt a kiss being pressed onto his forehead. When he finally felt comfortable and secure enough to do so, he looked up into Liam's brown eyes. The were looking down at him reassuring, while his own eyes were still a little blurry with unshed tears. A little smile found his way to his lips as he felt his heartbeat returning to normal.

“Better now?” Liam asked cautious. He nodded. “Yeah.” The older smiled at that and gave him a small peck on his lips. “Alright then. What do you say to, going upstairs and then order some room-service” Liam suggested. “Do you like that, my little leprechaun?”

Biting his lip, he tried to stop himself from grinning. But of course he failed. Honestly sometimes it worried him a little how crazy he was about food, but he just couldn't help it. He loved food and right now he was very hungry. After all Liam and him had been planning on going to a nearby restaurant for lunch, just the two of them together, when they fans had mobbed them.

Liam returned his grin. “Well come on then” the older said, Pulling him in for a quick kiss before starting to lead him towards their shared room. The crazy fans outside already forgotten, well almost at least. But right now he just wanted to focus on spending some time with his wonderful boyfriend.

… And food of course!

**********************

So what do you think? Love, Hate? Tell me and REVIEW!!