Chapter 3

After arriving at Mystic Falls High School, Connor, Alec, and Artemis began to ask around for Jeremy Gilbert.

Supposedly, the boy was able to see Connor's mark, meaning he was a potential for being one of the five. After asking someone where they could find the teenage boy, the group of three were directed to a brown haired boy that was at his locker.

•••

"The three of you mind telling who you are and why I'm here?" Jeremy asked the three hunters confused, "I'm happy to miss bio, but..."

Jeremy was sitting at a desk in an empty classroom as the hunter and twin archers stood in front of him. Connor had Jeremy's file in his hand and was in the middle of looking through it while Artemis's eyes were locked on Jeremy, Alec doing the same.

Alec couldn't help but think he that he wasn't a potential. He just didn't look like the type in his opinion. But he could have been wrong. Artemis, for once, thought the opposite.

"We looked into your family's history. You and your sister have been through quite a lot actually." Alec informed Jeremy as Connor tossed the boy's file on top of the desk he was sitting on, "Maya and I can actually relate a bit."

Jeremy frowned, looking down at folder before looking back up at the two, "What are you, social workers? What do you care?" He asked curiously and Artemis scoffed loudly.

"Because you saw this," Connor told Jeremy calmly as he began to pull up his right sleeve.

Artemis and Alec glanced down at visible tattoo on Connor's right arm. They were the only ones besides a hunter of the Brotherhood of the Five or a potential hunter that could see the Mark. After all, the Brotherhood of the Five were merely based off of the spell that made them what they were to this day. The only difference was, Artemis and her brother were immortal and couldn't die, unlike the Five, who were mortals that could die just like a human could.

"Mm, it's a tattoo. Big deal," Jeremy replied, not seeming bothered by it. He clearly had no clue.

Artemis shook her head in disagreement to the boy's comment, "No, that's the thing. That is called a Hunter's Mark," She spoke up, pointing her index finger at Connor's arm, "As in vampire hunter."

Artemis gave an amused look when she noticed Jeremy raise a brow at her, he was clearly trying to act like he didn't know what she was talking about, even though he did, "A vampire hunter?" He chuckled as he got up from his seat and grabbed his bag, "Look, I'm sorry, but—"

"Jeremy, we know your family's history in this town," Alec cut him off, "So you acting like you don't know squat just makes you look dumb. But you know never, you could actually be that."

Artemis let out a large sigh, rolling her eyes at her twin brother.

"Why the show and tell then, huh? I don't even know the three of you." Jeremy commented, clearly bored.

"Because it's invisible to anyone but another hunter, potential hunter, or Maya and Alec over here," Connor informed him as he gestured to the twin siblings standing beside him.

"Find the three of us a vampire, Jeremy. We'll train you, teach you how to do what we do and taught Connor to do." She explained to him as she and Alec began to walk towards the door, followed by Connor, "We're on Hudson on Route 13. Don't show unless you find one."

"Well, how am I supposed to do that?" Jeremy questioned curiously.

"Why don't you start by asking your friend with the bandage on his neck?" Connor retorted before he left the classroom alongside Artemis and Alec.

______

As Artemis exited Mystic Fall High School, she was suddenly slammed into a wall. She looked up at the person to see that it was none other than Niklaus Mikaelson. He had hands gripped onto her arms as he pinned her to the wall.

He smirked, looking at her from up and down, "Maliya Petrova." He greeted her, "I was wondering when I would finally get the chance to see you after so many centuries. I'm awfully glad that I saw you first though instead of Aleksander, he always hated me more than you ever did."

Artemis rolled her eyes, unamused. She roughly pressed her hands on his chest, pushing him away from her, "Niklaus. What an unpleasant surprise." She greeted him with a cold stare, "I'm guessing that green-eyed Salvatore told you our whereabouts?" Artemis questioned curiously, crossing her arms over her chest.

Klaus chuckled at her question, "Yes, in fact, he did. Mind telling me why you let Damon go free? Never in the ten centuries that I've known of your existence have I heard of you giving a vampire mercy. What? Lose your spark?" He asked her, clearly trying to piss her off.

Artemis lowly growled, causing Klaus to smirk. Before he could react, Artemis had stabbed him with one of her Chinese ring dagger that was formerly in her jacket pocket. He groaned in pain, kneeling to the ground. Artemis kept her finger gripped tightly on the metal handle of the dagger as it was stabbed into Klaus's stomach. She laughed slightly, placing her free hand on his shoulder as she leaned forward towards Klaus's ear, "You feel that? It's a blade made by yours truly, a bronze blade laced in both Wolfsbane and vervain," She informed him with amusement laced in her voice, "What was that you were saying just a moment about me losing my spark? Huh? I didn't lose my spark, Niklaus. I just simply don't waste my time eliminating vampires like the Salvatore brothers when there's a greater evil at hand."

Artemis pulled the dagger out of Klaus's stomach, causing him to groan in pain as he fell forward. She scoffed, staring down at his body as wiped the blood on the ring dagger with her sleeve, "You're weak, just like him." She commented, referring to her past love before she walked away.

AN: OC will finally have a one on one run in with Kol next chapter.