Chapter 7

After she escaped Klaus's clutches alongside Connor and Alec, Artemis found herself in the woods of Mystic Falls, shooting targets with her bow and arrow while her brother was out doing God knows what and Connor was keeping a few teenagers at the Mystic Grill hostage.

She took a deep breath, extending her arms out as she released the arrow. Within seconds, the arrowhead had embedded itself into the the target that was nailed to the tree.

"So, this is what you do in your free time once you escape the enemy's grasp." A voice spoke up, making their over to her.

She used to her superhuman hearing to hear the crackling of leaves to her right side. She quickly got into position and pointed the arrow towards the person. She let out a large sigh when she saw that it was only Kol. He had his arms up in surrender and his infamous smirk plastered on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked him annoyed.

"I wanted to talk about our..." He trialed off as he walked over to stand beside Artemis, "Our kiss."

Artemis scoffed, rolling her eyes as she went back to shooting arrows at the target. On her first try, she got the bullseye, causing Kol to become quite impressed.

"You can't just forget it happened, Maliya." Kol complained and Artemis quickly turned to face the Mikaelson brother, giving him an angry look.

"My name isn't Maliya. You either call me Artemis or Maya, never Maliya. The name Maliya Petrova is long gone and will never come back." She told him sternly and Kol gave her a concerned look, "And if you came here to talk about the kiss, you're in for disappointment because I am in no mood to talk it."

Kol couldn't help but chuckle at the Petrova girl's choice of words, "Something tells me that you will never been in the mood to talk about it?" He questioned her curiously.

Artemis nodded her head in response and smiled at the boy, "You catch on quickly, that is good to hear," she stared before her smile became a serious looking face, "Now go away."

Kol laughed at her and shook her head, "I'm not going anywhere, darling. Not until you admit that you're still in love with me." He informed her and Artemis rolled her eyes.

"Aldri falle for fienden, Kol," She told him and Kol gave her a deeply confused look, "Would you like me tell you in another language? Ne jamais tomber pour l'ennemi. That's it in French. Let's do Latin now: nunquam hostes."

"Never fall for the enemy," He repeated after her in English with a sigh.

"Alec and I made that vow up right after he fell for Rebekah and I fell for you, Kol. I intend on keeping that vow alive from now on." She explained, even though she wasn't so sure with his answer, "Listen to me, Kol, I can't go down that road ag—"

Before Artemis could finish her sentence, Kol roughly grabbed her by the arms as he stepped in front of her. She was just about to question his actions when an arrow came flying through the air and embedded itself into Kol's back. He groaned in pain as the arrow stabbed through his back.

Artemis stared at him in shock, feeling both concerned and confused. Kol was about to fall to the ground when Artemis quickly grabbed onto him, holding him up, "We have to go! Now!" Kol insisted.

"Why! We should fight!" Artemis argued and Kol sighed in frustration as another arrow glided through the air and stabbed into a nearby tree.

"Screw fighting, they're after you. We're leaving." Kol shook his head as he placed his hands on her arms before he vamp-sped them away from the scene.

—————

"Just take the damn thing out, Love," Kol complained as he sat on the couch in Artemis's living room, "It hurts."

Artemis stood behind him, one hand wrapped around end of the arrow while the other was rested on his shoulder for support.

"Well, I would be able to if you stayed still." She argued with attitude.

Artemis took a deep breath, tightening her grip on the arrow. She shut her eyes as she tugged on it, taking the arrow out of Kol's back. Kol let out a breath of relief as she did so, the wound instantly healing.

As he turned to face her, he watched as the brunette examined the arrowhead, "What is it?" He asked her concerned, noticing the nervous look on her face.

She stared at it for a long moment before she look up at Kol, "I'll be right back." She told him before she ran off to the bathroom.

Kol patiently waited for the girl, wondering what she was up to.

In the bathroom, Artemis examined the arrowhead in the light to see that it wasn't bronze or silver like she expected it to be. It was actually gold, meaning that the target was clearly her. Just like werewolves, Artemis and Alec healed quickly when wounded with something silver. Gold, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. It was the only thing that took more than several minutes for it to heal. It actually took hours at times, depending on the size of the wound.

She stared at it closely to notice a symbol etched into the metal. Two circles. The outer one thicker than the inner one. She let out a small gasp, instantly recognizing it to be a familiar pack's symbol. Artemis then noticed a dark colored liquid on the gold arrowhead and knew right away that it wasn't blood.

She went to touch it with her fingers, only to become burned at impact. She let out a yelp of pain as she immediately dropped it to the floor. Artemis stared down at her fingers to see that they were red and were suffering third degree burns. Kol suddenly stormed in, clearly worried.

"What happened? I heard you scream." He asked her concerned and Artemis slowly looked up at him, fear in her eyes.

"They've come," She mumbled quietly.