Chapter 15

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Artemis asked Kol as they both stood outside the Mystic Grill, "We could spend our brief time back alive doing anything in the world, do you really want to waste it getting revenge?" 

Kol sighed, placing his hands on the girl's shoulder, "I promise you, once we find Elena Gilbert and get our revenge, we will find your brother." He promised her, cupping her face with his hands before pressing a firm kiss to her lips, "You have no idea how good it feels to actually be to feel you."

 She frowned, giving a confused look as she pulled away from the kiss, "How did you know I wanted to see Alec before I went?" She questioned confused.

"You've been only talking about finding your brother for our whole entire time on the other side, Love." Kol replied, smirking, "Now let's go inside, I can already Rebekah in there with the quarterback."

When they entered the Grill, Rebekah's eyes widened when she saw her deceased older brother walk in holding hands with Maliya Petrova. Matt noticed Rebekah looking at something and turned his head.

"Oh, my God. Kol." Rebekah gasped, shocked to see her brother alive and well after hearing about his death just a few weeks prior.

"Greetings from the dead," Kol smiled, "So, who fancies a drink?"

"I know I do." Artemis gladly agreed, a bright smile, forming on her lips.

The couple walked past Rebekah and Matt, making their way over to the bar. Rebekah turned her body around to face the two as they walked past her, "I thought I'd never see you again, Kol." Rebekah said, still shocked by the fact that Kol was standing before her.

 Artemis picked up a bottle of bourbon and passed it to Kol, who poured both himself and his girlfriend a shot. Once doing so, he turned to face his younger sister with the bottle of bourbon still in his hand, "Spare me the waterworks, sister. Maliya and I have already watched you grieve. Lasted a whole twenty-four hours, remember?"

Kol smirked as he and Artemis clinked glasses before they both downed their shots together. Rebekah still seemed shocked as she stared at the couple. Matt, on the other hand, seemed annoyed by it. Especially the part where Artemis was here with Kol.

"I'm assuming this means Bonnie dropped the veil," Matt spoke up after being quiet for so long.

"Not completely, Matt. And definitely not for long," Artemis answered his question, "But who are we to give up on a perfect opportunity to reenact revenge on the people who caused our deaths."

"My killer's already dead," Kol added in, "But his sister's just as culpable. So maybe you could help us find her."

 Matt, who was angered, began to walk toward Kol and Artemis, "If you hurt Elena--" Matt began to threaten him.

Kol seemed amused by it all and broke the bottle of bourbon on the bar counter to make a weapon, "We're going to," Kol argued, "But please, continue, I'm curious as to where you're going with this. "

 "You've made your point, Kol. Leave," Rebekah demanded before looking over at Artemis, "And take your little girlfriend with you."

"First you have to tell where Elena is." Artemis argued with her.

 "She left here hours ago. We don't know where she is. Now get out. Both of you." She insisted, pointing to the door.

Kol glanced at Matt then at Artemis, who nodded her head. He then looked back at Matt, a smirk on his face, "I see you finally got the quarterback to pay attention to you." Kol commented.

"I see you've finally got the heartless Petrova bitch to pay attention to you," Rebekah retorted, which angered Kol. She then looked over at Artemis, "Your mother would be ashamed of you."

Artemis was pissed by this point but didn't show it. She smirked, looking over at Matt, "So, Matt, I've heard you're the quarterback of your school's team," She spoke up, "How's that throwing arm though, love?"

Both Matt and Rebekah looked at her confused. Just then, Artemis snatched the broken bottle from Kol before throwing it at Matt. It ended up stabbing right into the human boy's shoulder. Kol smiled, seeming proud of what Artemis did, "You definitely beat me to." He said as he followed Artemis out of the Grill, leaving Matt injured.

Outside the Mystic Grill, Artemis and Kol were walking together when Artemis suddenly stopped walking, causing Kol to do the same, "What is it?" He asked the Petrova girl, who smiled up at him.

"I think I know where Elena might be." She informed him.

______

At the cemetery, Kol and Artemis found Elena, kneeling beside Jeremy's grave, sobbing. Artemis felt bad for doing this to her, but she felt as if Elena deserved it. It was hard for the Petrova girl though, what with the way Elena looked exactly like her mother.

"Hello, old friend." Kol spoke up, causing Elena to instantly get up from the ground and turn to face them, "Pity about your brother. Guess it's us against you now."

Kol kicked Elena in the face, landing the younger vampire on the ground, "Now, this is what I've missed. Two people connecting." He commented, kicking her once more.

Getting weaker, Elena laid on the ground, coughing up a bit of blood, "It was lonely on the other side, especially when Maliya was forced to leave by the witches. And I swear, being invisible will drive you mad. The way you couldn't see me standing in front of you, or feel my breath on your cheek as I whispered all the ways that I wished for you to suffer. But alas, now you can." Kol explained as he grabbed Elena by the throat and held her up.

"Kol--" Artemis began to protest, feeling as if it were hard for her to watch the love of her life kill someone that looked like own mother. Even if Tatia died when Artemis and Alec were only four, the image of her mother still remained with them for centuries.

"Go ahead, Kol. Kill me. You'll be doing me a favor." Elena coughed out.

"As you wish, darling," Kol replied, a smile on his face.

A wooden stake flew through the air in the direction of Kol. Kol dropped Elean down before turning his around at vampire speed. He caught the arrow easily, only to see that it was Jeremy Gilbert, shooting them.

"How many times do I need to kill you?" Jeremy asked annoyed.

"Jeremy Gilbert," Kol spoke up, unamused, "Welcome back. Now, what's the saying? Kill me once, shame on you, kill me twice, shame on--" Before Kol could even finish his sentence, Stefan Salvatore sped over to him, breaking his neck.

Kol dropped to the ground, unconscious for the time being, "Let's leave it at that, shall we?" Stefan commented.

His eyes locked on Artemis, who just stood there, "I mean you guys no harm, I swear. I just want to find my brother." She told them, holding her hands up in surrender.