Chapter 10

Later on that day, Jeremy sat at the picnic table outside of the lake house, loading the magazine part of his gun with bullets. Artemis and Alec sat near him while Damon was nowhere in sight.

Once Jeremy doing so, he placed the magazine filled with bullets back inside the gun before handing it to Artemis. She glanced down at it for a quick second, not seeming that much impressed, "Good," She spoke up as she removed the magazine part from the gun before taking out the bullets, "Now do it once more. But this time, love, do it like your poor excuse for a life depends on it because sadly, it actually does." She explained to him before walking away from the table.

Jeremy got up from the table, clearly annoyed, "Don't act like you care about my life." He complained and Artemis laughed out, turning to face the brown eyed boy.

"You're right, I don't personally care about your life. I care about keeping the Brotherhood of the Five alive and well. Just like I have for the nine centuries I've been alive. We've already failed twice before at our job because of Klaus Mikaelson. Once with the original five, then with Connor. I will not let that happen for a third time because you're a stupid, naive little boy who cares more about ordering pizza than staying alive." Artemis glared at the boy for a long moment, the sound of the outdoors being the only sound between them.

"I'm sorry. Am I interrupting play time?" A familiar voice spoke up and the three vampire hunters looked up to see Klaus making his way over to them.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jeremy asked the original hybrid confused.

"I'm simply appreciating the sight and smells of nature, neither of which presently include rotting vampire flesh, so I'm a bit concerned." Klaus explained as he made his way over to the three Supernatural hunters, a smirk on his face, "How many vampires has he killed?" Klaus asked and both Artemis and Alec shared a worried glance as they kept quiet.

"If we threw little boy blue over here into the world right now, he'd be good as dead," Alec spoke up after a moment and Klaus didn't seem happy with the answer.

"Yeah, see, that's not a number," Klaus replied, "Twelve, that's a number. That's how many of my hybrids I slaughtered with my sword. Three, that's how many days it took to quell the urge to kill Stefan Salvatore after he knowingly watched as I walked into a death trap. One...that's how many purposes you and your lovely sister serve. You and Maliya are here to grow Jeremy's mark, so I ask again...how many vampires has he killed since he's been here?" He asked, walking toward where both siblings stood.

Alec squinted his eyes a bit as he stared at Klaus, "Zero." He answered Klaus's question in a hushed tone, "It's quite sad."

Klaus laughed as his serious face turned into a large smirk, "Hm. That's a pity." Klaus replied as he turned around and began to walk away from the Petrova siblings, "I'm going to need that cure sooner rather than later. Hybrid shortage and all."

As Klaus spoke to them, Artemis quickly glanced at her brother before looking down at the loaded gun that was resting beside her on the picnic table.

"How can I help?" Klaus asked curiously, still smirking.

Artemis sighed as she picked up the gun, "You know, Niklaus, now that you actually offer...Jeremy, why don't you watch and learn from the best huntress there is?" She spoke up with a smirk.

Artemis grinned as she lifted up the gun, pointing it directly at Klaus's chest before she pulled the trigger. She shot Klaus four times in the chest, angering the hybrid. Klaus groaned in pain, placing his hand on the tree beside him for support.

"That is for tricking me into burying Kol alive in 1558, you pompous ass." She told him, annoyance laced in her tone.

She placed the gun back down before walking past Jeremy and Alec, who both had impressed looks on their faces.

_______

That night, Artemis sat by herself in front of the fire she had made, carving her eyes own bullets and stakes for Jeremy to use.

She groaned, rolling her eyes when she heard footsteps walking toward her. It was clearly Klaus, "What do you want, Niklaus?" She asked annoyed, "If you are here to get some payback for what I did to you, go ahead. I do not fear you. But if you were to win, you would be stuck alone with Alec and the Gilbert boy."

Klaus chuckled slightly as he took a seat next to her in the log, "You know, Maliya, if you adjust your angle a bit, you'll find a sharper edge." He informed her and Artemis quickly looked up, giving the male a puzzled look.

"Do you really think I need help with this?" She questioned him with attitude, "I've only been carving my own arrows and weaponry for the past nine hundred years. Now could you go away? You're annoying me."

"Actually, love, I'm just here to know why Jeremy hasn't killed any vampires yet. I called you and your brother, Aleksander, here because I know you would do a better job teaching him than Damon would." Klaus asked her, deeply concerned.

Artemis sighed, "Isn't it clear? If we were to throw that poor excuse for a hunter into the wild right now, he would be dead within seconds. He needs to learn how to protect himself before he hunts down his first ever group of vampires." She explained to him.

"And here I was thinking you were the more fun Petrova twin." Klaus commented, which led to Artemis scoffing, "Let's play a game, love, shall we? Jeremy needs more victims and there's a whole entire town filled with people just down the road from here. And they are just waiting to be turned into vampires."

"You don't think that occurred to me, Niklaus?" She asked him, "You left me with Damon Salvatore, a vampire. I could have turned people ages ago, but I refuse to turn innocent people into monsters."

"They're not going to ever have to become monsters though, Maliya!" Klaus complained, "They'll be dead before they get the chance. And something told me you would refuse, that is why I've already done something to correct your mistakes."

Artemis instantly looked up at Klaus, giving him a concerned look, "What in the hell did you do, Niklaus?" She asked him concerned.