Chapter 11

Once making it back inside, both Artemis and her brother walked up the stairs to see Jeremy staking the pizza girl in the heart.

Once she was dead, Jeremy stood back up and stared down at his right arm, watching as his tattoo grew.

Both Petrova siblings, of course, could see it grow, just didn't bother to say anything before for precautions.

Alec sighed, "That's a damn pity," he commented, causing the group to look at him, "You still have a lot to go."

"You can see it?" Jeremy asked shocked.

"Shh," Artemis told him, placing her index finger over her lips for a moment before pointing to her ear.

Jeremy nodded in understanding, not saying a word.

————-

That night, Alec, Damon, Jeremy, Matt, and Artemis all entered a bar a couple miles up the road from the lake house called Zanadew Lounge.

They entered the bar to find everyone in it deal. Well, in transition. Klaus sat at the bar, drinking by himself, "I was beginning to worry that the five of you wouldn't find the place." Klaus told them.

"What the hell?" Jeremy asked quietly as he looked around at the bodies.

"Did you kill all of these people?" Matt asked him angrily.

"Not exactly," Klaus replied, looking over at him with a smirk on his face. He got up from his seat and stood in front of Jeremy, "They're in transition. Killing them is your job."

Jeremy turned his seat to look at Artemis, "You said you were going to convince Klaus to do this another, Maya. That you didn't want any innocents slaughtered."

Klaus glanced at Artemis, who was thinking of what to say exactly, "I admit, I did say that. But people change their minds. I realized, if we want you to become a better hunter, you need vampires to kill. New vampires that are easier to slaughter." She explained and Klaus gave her a proud look while her own brother gave her a disappointed one.

"Why the hell do I let you be in charge of this all," Alec groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose as the newly turned vampires around them started to wake up.

————

"No way, I'm not doing this," Jeremy disagreed with the group.

"What makes you think you have a choice?" Klaus asked him.

"Jeremy, you have to kill vampires to complete the Hunter's Mark," Artemis told him, "Completing the mark means getting the cure. You're in a bar full of vampires in transition, so get your hunt on already."

"Screw you, Maya. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people." Jeremy argued with her.

"Jeremy, like Klaus convinced me a few hours prior, these things aren't people," Artemis explained to him annoyed.

"Enough!" Klaus interrupted the two hunters, "Have at it, or else."

"I don't take orders from you, dick." Jeremy argued as he dropped his wooden stake on the ground, "Hunters can't be compelled."

"He's right." Alec agreed with him, crossing his arms.

Klaus laughed at them as he walked toward Jeremy, "You're right. I can't compel you, but if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to remake this easy for you because I can compel them. I'm going to give you a two-minute head start. Then I'm going to send every vampire in here after you. You kill them, or they kill your friend, Matt."

"Woah, wait a second." Matt quickly spoke up.

"No, no, no, Niklaus. I never agreed to that. The deal was, was you them and he kills them." Artemis argued

"I'm taking artistic license, love," Klaus replied.

"You know he can't take them all on at the same time," Damon spoke up, taking Artemis's side.

"With Artemis and Alec as his coach, he'll be fine." Klaus told him, "It's Matt I'm worried about."

Artemis sighed as she glared at Klaus, "Jeremy, why don't you go get the weapons out of Damon's car?" She suggested, "Alec and I will be right behind you. Both of you."

Jeremy nodded before he and Matt ran out, "If I hear an engine start, I'll kill Matt myself!" Klaus shouted out to them.

————-

Later on that night, Artemis and Alec ran through the woods side by side in search of Jeremy Gilbert and Matt Donovan.

Finally, they found them, Matt leaning against a tree with a bite wound to his neck. The crunching of leaves caused Jeremy to quickly turn his body around, only to find the two Petrova siblings standing before him.

Before he knew it was them, he pointed his gun at them. Alec rolled his eyes, unamused as he snatched the gun out of his hands, "Don't hesitate, stupid. You're lucky it was just us otherwise the two of you would be dead already." Alec said to the two males.

Jeremy snatched the gun back, glaring at Artemis, "You set us up," He told her angrily.

"I was trying to get this thing over with. You need to become a better hunter. But you're the one who decided to piss off Klaus." Artemis explained, clearly annoyed with the Gilbert boy, "Now your sorry ass has to fight your way out of it."

"Alright, where are the other vampires?" Matt asked them, pressing his hand against his bite wound.

"They're new. They're probably still trying to figure out exactly how to track, which means, Jeremy, you have two seconds to get ready to fight."

Jeremy quickly turned to Matt before he began to speak, "The Lake House this way. If we can get there, they won't be able to get inside."

Both Artemis and Alec shared a confused look before they turned to the two males, "Wait a second, do you seriously want to run?" Alec asked Jeremy confused.

"They're gonna kill Matt, Alec." Jeremy retorted.

Alec was quiet for a moment before speaking up, "Fine. Get the out of here as quick as possible. We'll slow them down." He explained.

The two Petrova twins watched as the two males ran past them and toward the lake house.

A vampire was speeding toward them and within a second, Artemis had her bow out and ready. An arrow flew through the air, stabbing right into the vampire's heart.

AN: Kol will finally make an appearance next episode