Chapter 9: The First Infection II

(Just a quick warning. If anyone reading this is sqeemish to scenes with blood or wounds. Such as patching a wound up. You may wanna skip ahead when I give a warning about it.)

Kat POV

Y/N: "Understood, if you can clear out the towers on the West side and we'll deal with the ones on the South side and East." Y/N had said over the comms, I didn't reply and just aimed my rifle to a tower on the West side, to my far left due to me being South of the Lab.

I aimed to the closest tower to me and Emily. I looked around near the wall and saw two patrols near the tower and one heading near our direction.

Kat: "Shit, Emily did you think you can take care of the patrol coming our way?" I ask her without taking my sights off the patrol.

Emily: "Depends on how many there are and if you can keep any snipers off me while I'm moving and killing them." She stated to me and crawled back into a bush, but waited for my count.

Kat: "I'm counting four foot soldiers, one with a shotgun and the other three have rifles." I told her. Without either of us saying anything she snuck away and to the patrol. I looked around to check if any snipers were looking this way. Luckily none were. I looked back to the patrol and saw Emily stabbing the last one in the neck and drag his corpse in the grass. I pushed the button on my comms to speak to Emily. "Go ahead and back up Jack on the East side."

Emily: "Alright, good luck Kat." She crouched through the tall grass towards the Lab. 'Yeah right, I don't need luck. All I need is skill' I thought to myself as I aimed back to the closest tower. I counted two in the top of the tower and waited for a perfect shoot, after waiting one moved to a perfect spot and I called my breathing. Everything felt like it slowed down, I slowly exhale and fire. The bullet pierces both of there heads and they both fall to the floor.

I look to another tower and take aim, 700m is risky but I don't have much time till they might notice something wrong. I aim and wait, as I am waiting one of them leans back and I fire again killing both of them instantly. 'Now I should go catch up with Rose, she should be clearing the main building right now.' I think to myself as I put the bipod of my rifle up and start moving through the grass to the main building.

Y/N POV

I quietly open the door to the North side tower and enter, I close the door as silently as I can. I ready my MP7 as I slowly go up the stairs, I reach the second floor and find one soldier asleep. I take my knife out and sneak up behind him, I cover his mouth and slice his throat open. I turn around only to be tackled down to the ground, the figure throws a punch at me but I grab his hand and punch him in his Adam's apple. He immediately places his hand on his throat and I push him off, I grab my knife and stab him repeatedly in his lower chest. I feel my hand and parts of my sleeve soaked in his blood and stop stabbing. I wipe the now bloodied blade off on his sleeve and sheathe my knife. I tear a patch off of his shoulder.

Y/N: "Aw, shit." The patch was belonged to a Demon mercenary organizational that was our greatest and most hated rival. I hate them almost more than my parents killer, ALMOST. I grabbed my MP7 and fired a few shots in his head for good measure. I started going back up the tower, after I reached the top of the tower I looked around and saw the West towers were clear. "Now, let's take a quick peek in the main building." I pulled my M110A1 CSASS out and places the bipod onto the railing, I quickly fixed my sights and looked through the first floor's window. All I saw was bodies with bullet to the head. "Then, how about the second floor?" I looked through the windows, all I saw was bodies except for one room that was filled with people. Every person in there with weapons pointed them at the door. "Well, I guess stealth is put the window now." I chambered a bullet into my rifle and aimed at two soldiers.