Chapter 18: Search and Rescue

"Because, his blood might be able to create a vaccine for the virus that caused the spread of THEM." He stated, shocking everyone in the room. "You mean if we get him back here, we might be able to bring the end of this?" I ask, as I'm completely confused. "I said it might,  were uncertain. But considering how his family was targeted by the same man who made all of this begin. It's a bet I'm willing to risk." He stated as we all knew what that meant. "Then we'll need to head back to the school we were picked up at. That's where we left him." I stated as I looked at the ground.

"Alright, I'll assemble a group of soldiers to go with the two of you." He said, when Takashi came up to us. "I'm afraid you'll have to make that one more person." He said as he stood there. Rei, Hirino, Rika, and Saya all nodded as they stood with us. "Then it's settled, two helicopters will be taken and you must bring him back." My dad sternly stated as we all knew the risks.

Y/N POV

It had now been hours, and the horde was finally dead. Not a single one left alive. I walked over to where Rose's body laid on the ground, I picked her body up and placed her inside the school. Since I couldn't bury her, if leave her somewhere no one could get to. Then I walked off and started roaming the streets, ripping apart every single undead being. Every now and then a howl would escape me, to counteract the never-ending pain I had scorching my body.

Saeko POV

When we all boarded a helicopter we were given firearms to use, I was simply given two pistols from my father, as he knew I liked to be swift with my sword. While the others were given rifles or shotguns. Takashi and Hirano both had a Benelli M4 Super 90 with a pistol as a sidearm. Rei had a M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System. Saya wielded the pistol that her parents gifted her. While Jack and Kat stuck with their weapons, and took more ammo.

Once we were stocked up and ready the helicopter lifted us off the ground and started heading in the direction of where the school is. As we were heading there the city grew closer, and soon enough we were back in city limits. "Saeko, once we immobilize him you'll have to be the one to snap him out of it." Jack stated, which I nodded as I understood. "Everyone else will need to keep the undead clear from around her and Y/N. If we start getting overrun we will have to get out immediately, with or without him. Afterwards we'll try again, until it works. Everyone understand?" He asked, to which everyone responded. "Understood!"

Once we landed on the roof we disembarked the helicopter and went down the stairs. When we got to the front we found a body, that was covered up with a sheet. Jack lifted it to see the face of Rose. "If she's here, that means he has some control of himself. Which is good for us." He stated as he covers her face back up and we walk our the front to see piles of bodies from the undead. "Damn, to think one person... could do this, it's unbelievable." One of the soldiers my dad sent with us said out loud as we walked across the pile of bodies.  Once we were across we saw a trail of undead on a street that lead away from the school.

"Looks like he went that way. Let's go." Jack says, as we all follow him with our weapons at the ready. We e eventually started seeing the bodies of people in military gear, even with military grade weapons. "Mercenaries. My guess is that someone found out about Y/N, and wanted him for testing or something. Looks like he overpowered the team they sent though." Jack states as he searches them for any way to identify them. "Skull and crossbones, seems I was right. And they all have a skull tattooed on their neck, all in the same spot." With that we had to be even more alert as we walked through the streets that had bodies everywhere.

After walking for awhile we heard a distant howl, or as I heard it a distant cry of pain from Y/N. "That's him." I state as Kat nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it definitely is. He's far off, at this rate we'll be chasing something we'll never catch." She stated, to which Jack responded to her. "Yeah, we should move faster so we can catch up. No matter what though, keep your guard up." With that we began running through the streets that had bodies scattered everywhere. As we ran we heard a howl once again, much closer this time though. As we approached where the howl was we found the beast, we knew as Y/N, slowly walking the streets. A few of the undead shuffled near him, but we're quickly killed before they were close enough.

"Alright, Saeko. It's all up to you here." Jack stated as they started to surround him. He stopped moving as he looked back, directly at me. I could see the pain he felt in his eyes, I slowly started walking to him with my katana to my side. "Y/N. It's me, Saeko. I'm here to save you." I quietly said, as I approached him. He seemed to still understand me, as he went low enough to the ground for his face to be level with mine. I placed my hand on his face, and as I did so the pain seemed to disappear from his eyes. "I need you, Y/N. Come back with us, please." I pleaded to him, but he only looked down, as if saying that he can't. "Yes, you can. You just need to do it, nothing can stop you." I said, as I slightly choked up.

Y/N POV

As I heard her choke up, I knew she would cry. Biting back the pain I felt, as I know that I can't have emotions. Not after I became... this. I'm the descendent of both Lucifer, and Fenrir. No matter what, no matter how badly I want to go with her and show that I love her. It's already to late. I turned my head as I heard her voice beginning to echo in my head, telling me that I can. I felt my body beginning to shift, less than a minute after I was back in the form of a human. "It's been awhile, Saeko." I said as I saw tears run down her face as she immediately started hugging me. "Did you miss me this much? It hasn't even been 24 hours yet." I state as I hug her in return.

Timeskip

After that we headed back to the school and boarded the helicopter to head to the military base. Of course, I didn't leave Rose's body, so with her body in tow we left this city limits. When we landed in the military base we were greeted by Saeko's Dad, Mr. Busujima. "Good to see you all made it back safely." He said as we disembarked the helicopter. "Yeah, well... Not all of us." I said as Jack held Rose's body in his arms. "Yes, we'll give them a burial. In the meantime Y/N, I need you to come with me." He stated, I nodded and with Saeko at my side we followed Mr. Busujima. Eventually ending up in a lan of sorts. "I trust my daughter filled you in on why we needed you?" He asked, to which I quickly replied. "Yes, you believe my blood might help with a vaccine or a cure." I stated as we walked through the lab.

"That's what the scientists among this lab seem to think, so they'll draw some of your blood and test it against the virus." He said, as we stopped at a room that was sealed off. "Is that all they'll be doing?" I ask, as I'm staying cautious. "Yes, no need to worry." He stated as the door opened and a few people in white coats were inside the room. I stepped inside and sat in a chair one of them asked me to sit in.

As he said, they simply took a few vials of blood. I got up and stepped outside of the room. "What now?" I ask as we walk out of the lab. "Now, we wait for them to test your blood samples. If they come up with something that could lead to a cure, or their hypothesis proves true they'll take more blood from you." He states as we come to a stop in front of a large tent. "Your friends are inside here, I'll come back and inform you if they find anything." He states as he turns and walks off.

"I don't remember your Dad being like this." I said to Saeko as we stood where we were before he walked off. "I know what you mean. I'm unsure what's with him, but... something isn't right." She states, with concern in her voice. We go inside the large tent to find everyone here, and a lot if cots inside. We talked a little while longer, until we went asleep on the cots.

When I woke up, I looked around where I was I found that I couldn't see anything except for the single light hanging overhead. My hands and feet were tied together so I couldn't get up or move to much. Suddenly every light in the room turned on, which blinded me for a few moments as my eyes readjusted. I saw a man come in the room, he wore that same white long coat and white hat. His hair was bleached white like a crisp white sheet of paper.

He approached me and kneeled down in front of me, his hat covered his face as he spoke. "Come find me 'Black Death' come and kill me. I'll be waiting for you, in the place where it all began." He lifted his head up, just enough for me to see the grin on his face. Before he stood up and walked out of the room, I felt the rage building up inside me until I heard the familiar voice from when this virus broke out.

"I see you're still alive Y/N. Surprising, but nevertheless I'm aware of what's been happening. I'm here to remind you of something. If you remember, then find Rose's body. I'll make sure you know what to do once you're there." With that the lights suddenly turned off, making the room grow dark once again.

My eyes shot open as I sat up from the for I was in, I looked around to see the others will still asleep. I laid back down as Abrahel and the White Death's voices echoed through my mind. "I'm coming for ya, you son of a bitch." I quietly said to myself as I fell back asleep.

[Word Count 1,878]