The Grand Reveal

The next morning I decided to call for our family healer, hoping for her to have an answer to my sudden illness. I received word back at midday while eating lunch saying that she was occupied at the moment but will visit this evening. I frowned, confronted with the task of distracting myself until then.

Strolling down the busy streets, I headed towards my art gallery, finally deciding to assist in an art class that was running at the moment for a group of children. At the sight of the blue tarps that hung up over the front of the gallery, a smile crept across my face.

The gallery I ran with a close friend was my pride and joy. Painting was my escape, like unwinding the coil that slowly tightened around my soul. We built the gallery to help children with struggles to find an escape and release their built up emotion on canvas. The first week we opened, we had an influx of participants, far more than we expected, and till this day we still have dozens of new session bookings each week. We made the lessons expense free because we didn't want to disadvantage anyone from the joy of art.

I peered into the window as I neared, noticing the several children chattering away in front of canvases within. A green skinned woman strolled through, praising and complimenting the art pieces being painted by them.

The young voices of laughter bursted though as I stepped into the spacious room.

"Feyre! Look at my painting" One girl squealed, running up to me and wrapping her tiny arms around my hips.

"I would love to." I smiled, letting her drag me across the room.

"Look at mine, too!" A boy called.

"And mine!"

"My painting as well!"

"Don't forget about me!"

My smile broadened during the time that I chattered away with the children. Happy to have my mind elsewhere and not worrying about what would happen later today.

* * *

I was so lost in the lesson that I didn't even notice the broad Illyrian male entering the gallery.

"Feyre." I looked up to see one of my closest friends, Cassian, standing in the store front.

"Yeah?"

"Maja is at the house. She said that you called her," his tone hitched as his eyes filled with worry, "is everything alright?"

Patting a boy on the shoulder, I complimented on his use of shading before I pulled off my art smock and walked over to Cassian.

"Yes, everything is alright. I just had a few questions for her, nothing serious." I motioned towards the street. "Would you like to fly with me?"

* * *

Gliding over the streets of Velaris, I looked down upon the bustling streets and shops.

The path that lined the river flew past and soon an expanse of water flowed beneath us. Soaring down, I reached out and let the cold water ripple between my fingers.

The sun had lazily begun to set, sending shards of golden light over the town and reflecting off of the shimmering water.

My home came into view on the west side of the river, it was a large and expensive house Rhys proudly asked me design after our old home, the town house, had become too cramped to fit us all. I would give up everything for my family, although we are all broken in our own way, we stand by each other through thick and thin.

I glanced over at Cassian, his dark shoulder length hair whipped at his neck in the winds and his armour reflected in the light. His face was rough and hewn, as though it was made of wind, earth and flame, and yet it still held beauty.