Battle of Mates

My eyes strained against the gloomy sight, bright colors flashed around me. A large spark of crimson was the only signal before a body was thrown to the ground, tumbling to a stop in front of my feet.

"Feyre, get out of here!" Rhys yelled, pulling himself up from the ground.

Cassian appeared out of the black, charging forward with his blade raised. I hesitated, scanning his facial features, he had a slight youth to him that he didn't before. Rhys reached out and spun me behind him as his lifted his own sword to block the attack. Their swords clashed, causing sparks to fly through the air as the steel met steel. I heard a hiss in pain as Cassian's blade slid across Rhys' hilt and cut across his knuckles, leaving a smear of blood.

"Please, Feyre." He groaned, looking over his shoulder to me, "Get out of here."

Cassian quickly attacked once more, lunging low towards his abdomen.

"Rhys!" I screamed, before Rhys could react I twisted out of his grip and pushed myself forward, blocking the blades path.

The world slowed as the sharp metal swung towards me, I could see small blood droplets rippling off of the cold steel as it sliced through the air. Two deep roars echoed through the valley in an ear splitting warning as Cassian's blade continued to soar down.
I could smell the fresh breeze as it rolled through the hills, the scent of moist dirt from the on coming rain. I could taste the metallic tang of blood. I closed my eyes, awaiting the inevitable.

Nothing.

I felt nothing as I stood there. Not the forceful impact, or the horrid pain. Not the slicing of flesh, or the splatter of blood. I squeezed my eyes open to see Cassian's blade laying on the grass at my feet.

Looking up, I gazed at Rhysand who was holding his gasping brother up off the ground by his throat, "Don't you dare touch her!" Rhysand spat at his face, tightening his grip to make emphasis.

A warm arm snaked around my waist and pulled me backwards into a hard chest. Rhys came into view as he stood behind me, giving me a small glare before turning his attention back at the two men in front of us.

I almost lost you, Feyre. Don't ever do that again.

In the distance, I could hear swords clashing against each other, flashes of blue and red lit up the murky clouds that stood between us. The battle between my Cassian and the younger Azriel building to a fierce battle. Growling, Rhys loosened his grip and let Cassian drop to the ground with a loud thud. Turning to me, I noticed the black swirling within his eyes.

"Come." He commanded, reaching out his hand for me.

"No, you prick."

"Come."

"She said no." Rhys cut in, shielding me from further damage as he wrapped a wing around my torso.

"I was not talking to you." Rhysand spat, he looked back at me and motioned for me to take is outstretched hand once more, "Feyre. Take my hand."

I shook my head, receding deeper into Rhys' warmth, "No, Rhysand."

Anger laced his every word, "Feyre, I am not asking again. Come."

"No."

"I am not going to let you leave me." He said before he struck. 

Throwing his dagger at such a speed, I could hardly see it flying towards Rhys' shoulder. Rhys deflected it with ease, ricocheting it away and into the darkness that swallowed it whole. Rhysand lunged again, drawing out a long, curved, talon like blade as he swung down. Rhys pushed me back as he deflected and blocked the powerful onslaught of attacks, nimbly evading the dangerous blows.