Unknown Memories

The first memory I sent to them was in the House of Wind, the time when I first met them all over dinner.

I showed them the first winter solstice I spent with them, recalling the moments shared between Rhys and I and the how we danced and drank together until the sun came up.

I skipped to the moment they first found out I was High Lady of the Night Court, the shock on their faces.

Fast forwarding, I displayed certain memories I made to each of them; the joyful banter between Cassian and I as we spared in our daily training sessions; the moment when Mor unclover her deepest secret to me and how we hugged, sobbed and laughed together; the moments Azriel and I teased Cassian together and when he taught how to fly; the moment when Rhysand and I shared the small cabin bedroom together and memories of us tangled together, splattered in paint, as we solidified our mating bond.

I showed each of them my favourite memories with them, from the earliest to the latest.
I sent the memory of Rhysand and I announcing the pregnancy to them, how Mor cried with joy and how Cassian declared how awesome of an uncle he would be. How Rhysand flew through Velaris singing with joy about how he is to become a father.

I finished by sending them the memory of the witch appearing at our home, how I saw Rhysands desperate face as he sprinted towards me right before I was forcibly winnowed to a different time.

Receding out of their minds, I opened my eyes.

"You're-" Cassian spluttered between heavy breaths, "High Lady. You're our friend?"

I nodded, not knowing what else to do. I glanced at Rhys who leant on his knees, his head resting in his hands.

Azriel stood, his fingers massaging the bridge of his nose as he caught his breath.

"I need to find a way back to my time," I explained, I looked to Rhys. "Back to you. The older you."

He didn't look up, but he slowly nodded

"You must be exhausted. I'm guessing you already know where the spare rooms are, go and rest." He said as he began standing up. "I need to go. Mor, take care of her while I'm away."

"What, why?" I protested.

Mor stood and walked towards me, "Come on."

"But-"

"You need to rest."

I couldn't help but obeyed as she lead me towards the stairs, the thought of going back to sleep making me yawn.

All I heard was a door slam before she whisked me away into the spare room. The second my face hit the pillow, I fell into a blissful sleep.

* * *

Evening sunlight spilled through the windows as I stirred awake. The Autumn breeze ruffling the curtains. I sat up, looking through the open window and gazed upon the setting sun.

I felt movement in my belly as I ran my hand over it, "Soon you'll be home, baby. Hopefully, soon."

Situated on the edge of the bed, a maternity dress lay folded. Clean and unused. One of the half-wraiths who live here to assist us must of went out and bought it for me while I was asleep. Either Cerridwen, or her twin Nuala.

I tugged off the night gown Cerridwen had given me earlier and slipped into the deep blue dress. I called down my mating bond.

Where are you?

With no response, I headed down to the kitchen. I rounded the corner, to head voices talking from behind the closed kitchen door.