So it is over then

High pitched crying woke me from my comfortable sleep. The sound piercing through my senses and making the beginning of a headache form. I begin to sit up but a soothing deep voice speaks, gently pushing me back down and pulling the covers back up over me. "It's okay. Sleep. I'll make sure he is looked after." He placed a soft kiss on my temple before the warmth of his touched left me. Soon, the crying gradually turned into faint noises as he took Nyx to another room.

I didn't even realise I had fell back asleep before a heavy weight dipped the bed, soon enough muscular arms wrapped around me and pulled until I was curled into a ball against his chest. A faint smell of waste drifted through the air, making my nose scrunch up in disgust.

A deep voice rumbled against the back of my neck. "Before you say anything, it isn't me. Nyx's nappy needed a change."

"Get off me, you stink!" I yelped, pushing away and turning to face him, "Did you even wash your hands?"

His eyes slowly ran across the room, completely avoiding eye contact, "...yes..."

"Rhys, you liar!"

I started to hop off the bed but he tugged at the end of my night gown and made me fall back onto his lap. His hands snaked under the thin fabric and across my bare body. "Feyre darling, don't you love me anymore?" He smirked, struggling to hold me in place as I squirmed in his arms. "I thought you loved me." His hands locked mine against my body, pinning me against his bare chest. Leaning forward slightly, he placed soft kisses up the side of my neck all the way to behind my ear. I tried to fight the urge to lean into his touch and instead stuck out my tongue. Rhys caught my tongue in his mouth, his lips smashing against mine as he twisted me around so I was straddling his lap. His hands roamed my curves, feeling every dip and groove of my waist. I flinched at the touch, remembering what had made me gag earlier. "I washed my hands, darling. The smell just stuck on me for some reason. I'm clean, I swear."

I didn't budge as I sat on his lap looking down at him with a glare. He pouted back up at me. "I swear on our mating bond that I washed my hands." A large sigh left me as I gave up, my arms wrapping around his neck and my fingers running through his messy black hair. Rhys took that as his cue to push both of us backwards, pressing my back against the bed. He smirked from on top of me, wiggling so that he was comfortably laying between my legs. He tilted his head and began tracing kisses down my neck, following along until he reached my exposed collarbone before pushing the fabric up and over my head. Leaving me exposed.

His warm lips ran across my skin. Teasing and slow. I gnawed at my bottom lip, rolling it under my teeth. "Rhys..."

"You never answered if you still love me, Feyre?" He mumbled into my naval, his lips inching further and further downwards.

All self restraint left me as he sent a mischievous grin up to me, his eyes had darkened in lust as he looked at me. "Damn right I do," I said as I tugged my mate deeper into the sheets.

* * *

"She is still asleep, Mor!"

"Ugh! How long is she going to keep sleeping for? It's past midday! Plus, your still here, too!"

"Go play with Nyx then."

"Cassian has got him."

"YOU LEFT CASSIAN UNATTENDED WITH NYX?!"

I groaned at the noise rumbling from the chest beneath my head and snuggled deeper into my mates warm body.

More vibrations ran through me as he spoke. "Now look at what you have done! You've awoken her!"

"It's not my fault, you're the one yelling!" Mor snapped, "not to mention you're the reason she is so exhausted. Don't think we couldn't hear you two this morning, you left the door wide open."

I could practically feel Rhys smirking down at me. His perfect lips curling at the edge. "I don't see Feyre complaining." A blush crept its way up my neck and cheeks and I hid my face in the sheets to cover it up. After all we have been through, after how long we have been together, my damn mate still succeeds in making me blush like a hormonal teenage girl.

You have got the hormonal bit right.

He laughed as I shot up and whacked his bicep, and I stopped my stare from lingering on his defined muscle and tanned skin. DAMN HORMONES!

Can't blame the pregnancy anymore, darling.

My mental walls fortified against him, pushing away his comments as I looked up at Mor. Her blonde hair glimmering like strands of gold in the sunlight as she stood at the end of the bed.

"Hello," I said.

A smile stretched across her face as she leapt forward, toppling on top of me as she wrapped me in a tight hug. "I missed you." Her brows knotted together as her arms squeezed around my shoulders, "I never want to go through that again, Feyre. Ever."

She was so close, I could smell the floral scented potion she washed her hair in. There were dark bags beneath her eyes, most likely a result of multiple sleepless nights. I had noticed it in all of my friends. My heart ached at the thought of what they had gone through in those days of by absence, the worries that must of clouded their minds. I could not even imagine what I would of done if Rhys had been ripped so violently from me like I had. All I knew is that I would of done anything to get him back. So I didn't dare to ask him how he and Cassian came about to rescuing me. Knowing well the amount he would of been willing to loose in exchange. The things he would of given up for me. A shudder ran through me, sending a chill deep into my soul.

"You don't need to worry anymore. I am here, now. Both of us are here and safe."

She smiled in response but it failed to reach her eyes, still gleaming in unshed tears. I held back a sob as I held her tightly in my arms, both of us too emotional to let go of one another.

The bed shifted as Rhys sat up, subtlety slipping on a pair of trousers before leaving the room and disappearing down the hall. Silently giving us much needed privacy.

Time passed as we both laid there. She listened as I told her of my past few days, commenting and gasping at certain points. Once I had gotten to telling her of the moment Rhysand kissed me in front of her High Lord, she had erupted in laughter. "I would of paid good coin to see his face," she had mused. When I had finally concluded, she laid back against the head rest, taking all the information in.

"So we were not close back then, you and I?"

"No, I think you were just a bit overwhelmed. To prove myself, I had shown her the strongest memories you and I have shared. That included you admitting... certain personal details to me." I skipped over specifics, not wanting any unsuspected ears listening in.

Nodding, she rested her chin on her open palm. The red paint on her painted nails catching the light as she stared blankly out of the window.

"So it is over then."

I followed her gaze and looked out to the bright blue skies of Velaris. Even as I spoke the words, I knew something inevitable was lurking in the darkness of future, "I hope so, Mor. I really hope so."

____________________________

Sorry that I haven't updated lately. I have had an overload of schoolwork, work and commitments this past week. Hope you like this chapter. Bai 💕