The Colision of Fate

Cassian slowed down ahead of us, the witch swaying in her chains beneath him. Reaching out, I grabbed his free hand.

"Got him." I yelled.

I looked back in time to see Rhysand speeding towards us, Cassian and Azriel in tow, before Rhys quickly winnowed us.

A frigid breeze hit me as we winnowed to the centre of the Illyrian camp.

"Get it, now!" Rhys yelled to Cassian who instantly dropped the witch and sped off into the labyrinth of tents. I gave Rhys an inquisitive look.

"The witch can only take us back with a spell from an ancient book," he scanned the skies as he spoke. "One copy is in the library and the other copy is in the possession of the camps War-Lord, Devlon. It's called the Book of Bellardith."

I nearly choked on my own breath, "The Book of Bellardith?" I gasped.

He nodded, "You know it?"

That's why when I caught him in the library he was so panicked, why he shut the book to quickly.

Rhysand lied to me.

He lied to my face when he said he had found nothing within the book. I thought over my past days, the moment on the riverside of Velaris when Rhysand said how sorry he was for not being able to take me home. 

He deceived me, and I fell so easily into his trap. Anger boiled within me.

How dare he!

"Feyre?"

Rhys placed a hand on the small of my back.

"Are you alright?" He asked, worry filling his expression.

"That piece of shit!" I snapped. "How dare he lie to me!"

"What did he do?" He growled, turning me so I am face to face with him. "If he hurt you I will personally make him pay, I don't care if he is me."

I shook my head, "When I first got here and met him, he stormed off after he found out about everything. I found him a while later in the library, reading that book..."

Rhys spoke up, "And he didn't tell you about finding anything."

I nodded.

"Damn, I really am a prick." He said, shaking his head.

A small smile curved my lips, "Forever and always."

Leaning down, he cupped my face as kissed me tenderly. I could feel his smile against my lips, "I love you so much, Feyre." He mumbled. "I can't wait until we get home."

I smacked his shoulder, grumbling, "Hormonal Illyrian. Never can keep it in your pants, can you?"

He grinned mischievously, "Can you blame me?"

"Prick."

"Love you, too."

* * *

It took Cassian 10 minuets to return, lugging a familiar bulky leather-bound book.

Rhys had already begun to pace, continuing to look up and scan the horizon.

"Took you long enough." He quipped.

"Do you realise how much security is around his tent, yet alone his safe? Your lucky I didn't take an hour." Cassian retorted while flipping open the book. "We better hurry. It won't take long for them to realise there is a giant hole in the side of his tent."

I chuckled as he turned over a few pages.

"This better damn work-"

The ground shuddered beneath us as an ear splitting boom echoed through the valley. I turned to see a winged figure standing in the centre of the camp. Two more figures dropped from the sky and landed beside the first, making the earth shake once more.

"Cassian!" Rhys yelled. "Hurry up!"

The winged figures stormed towards us, darkness trailing their every step.

"I'm trying, I'm trying!" Cassian said as he hurriedly flipped through the book, "It's in here somewhere!"

I spied out to the camp, where soldiers stood watching confused.

"Feyre." Rhys said.

I looked up at my mate, who stared down at me, guilt within his eyes.

"I love you." He whispered.

He tore off before I could respond, sprinting towards the three figures who where quickly gaining on us, a wave of shadows in his wake. I knew exactly what to call the painting I would make of it if I ever left.

'The Collision of Fate'.

The figures sprung into the air as Rhys bounded towards them and in one final leap, they struck.

A sonic boom shook through the mountain itself as an explosion of darkness erupted over the centre of the camp. Flashes of blue, red and purple flared within the shadows. Followed by bursts of magic spearing through.

"Cassian!" I screamed.

"I'm trying!" He yelled back, I could hear the ripping of pages behind me, "Found it!"

"I don't care about the spell, we need to help him!" I barked.

Without waiting for his response I raced towards the storming cloud in front of us.
Stumbling over my dress, I used my magic and made it disappear, and made my light weight leathers appear underneath.

I glanced to my side to see Cassian charging alongside me, twin Illyrian sword in his grasp.

"Here!" He yelled as he threw one towards me, I caught it midair.

Gathering all the power within me, I nodded to Cassian, who returned the signal.

Together we lunged into the mist of darkness.