Chapter 2

My pulse started to pick up that instant and I found myself walking forwards to the Alpha.

I eyes immediately found his. He stopped dead in his tracks. His pack stopped as well, looking around, now alert to any danger. His Beta moved up whispering something in his ear. We just stared at each other for a long time, before someone's hand grabbed my arm.

"Welcome Alpha James. I am Derek. Alpha of the Blood pack." So that was his name. James. It suited him well. The hand on my arm was beginning to hurt. I felt my father's gaze shift from James to me.

"Thank you Alpha." He bowed his head as a sign of respect. But his eyes never left mine. My father did the same. I was itching to get close to James. I wanted his arm around me. I wanted his hand on my waist. I wanted his touch. I needed his touch. I craved it beyond anything I've ever wanted in my life. Yet I had never met him. Crazy how this stuff works. His hand was tapping his side. He was agitated. Probably just as much as I was.

"This is my Beta, Zach, his daughter Mckayla, and my daughter," I couldn't mistake the silent warning in his voice. "Arya." I smiled at him, removing my arm from his grasp. I walked down to him. My legs a little shaky from the heels. His gaze never breaking mine. His breath made me shiver.

"Mate." His accent was thick and intoxicating. I could tell it was from the Southern region. No one spoke. Everything was quiet. I was staring almost straight up at him. My breathing was quick and labored. I was so close to him. Pure bliss filled my body, sending me into a bundle of shivers. His hands grabbed mine, pulling me that much closer to his warm embrace. My arms rose up to his shoulders.

"Mate." I whispered back. I heard a gasp. My head turned. My mother was staring at me, wide eyed. She dropped the small pile of plates on her hands. They shattered on the ground. Her smile was pure happiness and excitement. I turned my head back to James, resting my forehead on his chest. His deep chuckle made me smile. His hands grabbed my waist, pulling me into a hug, encircled my hips. His body heat coming off in waves.

"Smile any wider, and I'm gonna lose it." He whispered to me. My smile definitely grew at that point.

"Ok...uh... let's get everyone seated and we can start eating." James' pack walked ahead, leaving the both of us behind.

"So..." I said awkwardly. I knew that the first few days, or even the firsts few weeks, are weird between mates. Affection and can be off, and more importantly, who go's where? And all that, knowing my dad, I was bound to me dragged back here kicking in screaming. Unfortunately.

"Hi Arya." His voice was so deep. His eyes so blue. Like the ocean during a storm. He had some stubble on his chin.

"Hello James." He split from me, connecting our hips and shoulders instead of stomach and chests. A small pout formed on my bottom lip. He smiled at me. His lips perfectly plump and kissable. We walked back to the patio where my mother had dropped the plates. Food was laid out on a large table. Enough to feed a small army. Pasta, salads, ribs, steaks, burgers, garlic bread, fruits, vegetables and something's I couldn't even describe.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I made a little bit of everything." My mother gushed her hands clasped together in pride of her edible art. "Don't be silly. Everything looks delicious." James' replied. He was standing behind me, hands on my hips. His front touched my back. His fingers tingled my skin. I was tall enough to for his chin to touch my head. I leaned into him.

"Please," My mother motioned to everything on the table. "Dig in." And they did. Everyone sat around the massive table. All mingling and laughing. James introduced me to his Beta, Josh. He was two years older than James, who was nineteen. But his maturity level was much younger. He was a cute boy. Goofy grin, light and easy personality. His mate, Adrianna, would have been here but she was pregnant. I was happy for him, despite having just met. I knew that we would get along so well. I looked across the table. Mckayla was directly across from me. She was chatting up this guy. He was a black guy. He had one dimple on his cheek. He looked around fifteen. Not a big difference in age, especially for werewolves. If we find out mate it is usually young, but for the safety and emotional stability of the girls and women, you can't fully complete the mating process until nineteen. It basically means that you can have sex but your body will reject any pregnancies. So in other words you can't conceive a child until you're nineteen. But it was becoming so normal now to complete the bond before you're nineteen that it wasn't something that wolves held against each other.