Chapter 14 - Wasting Your Time

Deandre Romeo

I drove around Santorini alone because I wanted to be alone today. Last night, I had a lot of nightmares. It's not weird to have all these nightmares when I'm here because all of my nightmares started from here.

I went all around Santorini alone and came back home late around 1 in the morning. I walked in and found Tatiana still not sleeping. She's sitting on the bed and when she looked at me.. she smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"I was worried, you could have died somewhere since you shut off your phone." She said and I nodded. I walked out to the balcony and sat there looking at the moon.

"You okay? You look so stressed." She said as she walked into the balcony and sat on the seat beside me.

"You had a lot of nightmares yesterday huh?" She asked.

"You don't understand english, do you? I don't like when you're asking things like that. Mind your own business, Tatiana."

"I'm being nice here.. We're married and how come I can't ask that? I'm your wife.. Even though I hate that fact. I'm trying to make our relationship work, why aren't you trying?" She burst in anger and I turned my head to her.

"You and I both know that we will end up divorcing each other.. Do you know that?" I asked in a cold tone. Her shoulder dropped and she looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"I know that we both don't.. love each other or none of us actually want this marriage but for me.. Divorce is not in my dictionary, Deandre. I don't know why I'm here with you but.. I will try my best to be your wife." She said that and it made me want to ignore her more.

"Don't pretend to be kind." I said as I got up from my seat.

"I am not pretending to be kind!" She burst out loud before I was going to walk inside. I turned my head to her.

"Two days ago you said that you hate me and it's a curse to me my wife and now you're trying your best. What a two faced girl.." I hissed because she's completely acting like her dad now.

"Deandre! I don't believe in divorcing.." She stopped me again and I turned to her.

"Why? You won't die, just because you divorce." I said coldly.

"I know.. but I believe everything happens for a reason." I walked inside and took off my shirt. I threw it on the floor and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. I turned on the cold water to calm down my hot head. I closed my eyes and started to feel the coldness runs through my body.

She's just like her dad, no difference.

I washed up my body and walked out from the bathroom. I found no Tatiana. She's not in the balcony and nowhere in the room. I put my new fresh shirt on and walked outside the house. Where the heck is she? I walked towards the pool and she's there putting her legs inside and looking at the pool blankly.

I decided to just go inside and sleep since why should I apologize or comfort her? I walked inside my house and go back to my room. I threw myself to the bed and closed my eyes.

I tried to sleep but I can't sleep.. I kept tossing around but still I can't sleep. I sat up and leaned my back to the head of the bed. I sighed and I think I can't sleep because I don't want to sleep. Coming back to Santorini does reminds me a lot of my dad.

Suddenly Tatiana came in and she froze looking at me. I looked away and she sat on the other side of the bed.

"Sorry about earlier.. I didn't mean to.."

"I'm going to sleep." I said as I laid again on the bed. I closed my eyes and this time.. I went to sleep.

"I'm sorry, Ian.. I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

"Dad.. no.. please."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." People dragged my dad and he was killed right in front of my eyes again and again. I cried seeing my dad being stabbed and beated to death. The man walked to me with his big knife and stabbed my heart.

I got up immediately and I felt Tatiana already hugging me tightly patting my back trying to calm me down. I hugged her reflectly and breathed heavily.

"Calm down.. no one is hurting you. It's okay.. everything is okay." Tatiana said as she patted my back softly and gently. I just hugged her tightly until I can feel her heartbeat againt mine. My eyes widen when I realized what I was doing.. I released it right away and sat up.

"You had this too yesterday.. and today.." She said.

"You will go back to New York tomorrow and I will stay here 2 or 3 days." I said.

"I don't want t-"

"I'm not asking your permission." I hissed coldly as I got up.

"I'm not your bodyguard or your maid, Deandre. I am your wife, you can't just tell me to do something and expect me to obey you. If I say I don't want to go.. I won't go. You're such an asshole.." I walked out from the room to the kitchen. I made myself a coffee and drank it. I can't sleep here.. gosh.

"Don't drink coffee.. drink a cup of tea. It will help you go to sleep." Tatiana went down too. God, I don't want to deal with this lady now.

"Shut up and just go to sleep."

"I'm worried about you."

"You're wasting your time."