Chapter 32 - Long Night

Tatiana Kamerie

I turned my head to Deandre and he's sleeping. I smiled looking at him sleeping peacefully. I pulled the blanket up and kissed his forehead. I caressed his cheek and put away his book. I put my headphone back and continued to watch Leap Year movie that I love. I watched it a few times but I never get bored.

Not long after that.. I fell asleep because I was so tired.

"Wake up sleepy head.. we're here." I felt Deandre tapping my forehead and I opened my eyes slowly. I got up and rubbed my eyes. I took my backpack along with my small luggage and walked out from the plane. Yes.. we don't use his plane because I'm the one who insisted him.

"Wow.. you're a mess." He said and I just tidied my hair with my hand. I glared at him and he just looked at me weirdly.

"What?" I asked and he just shook his head immediately. We walked out from the plane and walked out the LAX. There's already someone waiting for us and he helped us to put our luggage to the back of the car. We got inside the car to go straight to the hotel.

As soon as we got into the hotel, one of the staff already waiting for us and they escorted us to our room. I threw my body to the bed and feel the comfortableness of it. Deandre changed his clothes into a comfortable clothes to sleep and then he laid on the bed beside me. He closed his eyes and I smacked his arm right away.

"Hey!" He protested and he looked at me disbelief.

"You already sleep in the plane."

"So? I'm tired. I want to sleep." He hissed as he closed his eyes again.

"But in 2 hours.. it's my birthday."

"Happy Birthday in advance." He said like it's nothing. I sighed and just decided to let him sleep. I changed into my PJs and when I walked back into the room.. my phone rang and it's my dad.

"Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday to you.." My dad started to sing and I smiled widely.

"Thankyou daddy."

"Happy birthday my sweet pie and let's have a dinner tonight."

"Dad, I'm in LA with Deandre for my birthday."

"Deandre?"

"Yeah."

"He's in LA with you?" He asked me with a really weird tone.

"Is there something wrong if he's here?"

"There's a really important conference tomorrow in Washingtone DC for all businessmen and if he doesn't come, he will lose a lot of opportunity to make a lot of deals." My eyes landed on Deandre who's currently sleeping and I found myself smiling.

"No.. he's with me in LA to celebrate my birthday."

"Oh okay. I love you sweet pie." My dad said and then we ended the call not long after that. As soon as I ended the call, Eric called me and I picked up.

"Hello."

"Hey beautiful, Happy Birthday."

"Thankyou."

"Let's have lunch tomorrow to celebrate your birthday."

"I'm in LA with Deandre."

"For what?"

"Celebrate my birthday.."

"He's not coming to the conference tomorrow?"

"He's with me in LA for 3 days so no he won't be there."

"Why do you want to celebrate your birthday with him? He's the one who ruined our relationship." What Eric said make sense.. he was the one who ruined our relationshp but I'm not complaining now.

"He's my husband."

"Husband? I can't believe that came out from your mouth." He said in a really piss tone.

"I'm sleepy.. I'm going to sleep."

"Okay love.. sweet dreams and sleep tight. Let's celebrate it after you're back in New York." He said and I ended the call. Even Eric and my dad always think about work work work and work. Conference here and conference there. If Eric really loves me.. he will come to LA to celebrate which is impossible. Eric is not the type of guy who will come to you just to celebrate your birthday or just to check on you.

I walked towards Deandre and found him sleeping peacefully. I smiled big time knowing that he will miss a big important conference just to be with me to celebrate my birthday.

Deandre.. you don't know how I'm crazy about you now. I can't believe that the coldness side of you is just a mask. You're a really warm.. caring.. unpredictable.. sweet and just.. I'm so blessed to have you and I don't regret marrying you and having you as my husband. I caressed his cheek and kissed his cheek. My eyes landed on the table beside the bed and I raised my eyebrows to see a small black box with my name written on it. There's a note.. 'Open it at 12 (LA time). Don't even try to peak before it's time'

I chuckled reading it and I took it and walked towards my side of the bed. I laid down and looked at the box. I wonder what's inside this box. I waited for the clock to hit 12 to open it and guess what?

He gave me an earrings and it's so beautiful. It's a flower shaped earrings and I love it. It's beautiful. I squealed big time seeing it and I put it on right away. I turned to Deandre and I pulled his body towards me making him wake up that second.

"Tatiana! What th-" I crashed my lips to his right away.

"I know you're happy but can you let me sleep?" He asked as he pushed my body away. I looked at him disbelief.

"You're such a jerk but I like you!" I squealed and hugged him big time.

"Wow.. this is going to be a long night for me." He said and I smacked his back.