Chapter 47 - For You

Ian Xander

I walked inside the private room and saw Lucas already sitting down on the sofa sipping his glass of alcohol.c

"She's not fine. She misses you." He said without looking at me. I sat down right across him and took a new glass from the lower part of the table and poured the alcohol into it.

"How's Portwalt?" I asked.

"Here." He suddenly threw a small box to me and I caught it. I looked at it and then turned my head to Lucas.

"From your wife."

"I'm a divorced man." I hissed coldly.

"So what are you planning to do now?" Lucas asked.

"Going to move to Santorini soon." I said as I opened the box and my body froze to see my photos with Tatiana when we're in Disney. I looked at her smiling face and still remember that moment clearly.

"Stop hurting yourself. She doesn't hate you." Lucas said and I closed the box.

"This is what I planned from the start." I said as I put the box on the table in front of me. I took a shot of strong alcohol into my body.

"She loves you."

"Stop telling me that!" I bursted out angrily until I almost threw my glass to Lucas.

"You should carve that into your mind. You still care, Deandre. No matter how much you try to avoid her.. no matter how much your try to deny her.. you care!" He bursted back. I put my glass on the table and covered my face with my hands.

"She doesn't hate you.. she doesn't blame you.. all the things that you think will happen.. did not happen." Lucas said and I sighed.

"She's better without me." I said.

"How do you know that?" I looked at Lucas and he looked at me seriously.

"How?" He hissed and I looked away, "You don't know that!" He bursted and I turned my head back to him.

"You already put James and Eric in prison. You've done everything and you already finish all your revenge."

"Saying goodbye and divorcing her is finishing my revenge, Lucas. So can you stop telling me this because it won't change anything. I will go back to Santorini." I said coldly as I got up from my seat. I was planning to go out from the room and leave him before I fly my fist to his face.

"Do you think I'm dumb?" It made me stop walking.

"No, I know that you know something but can you just let me go and stop forcing me to be here? Tatiana can live her own life now."

"Oh? She can live her own life now? Then I will take my eyes off from her too and ask Crystal to stop contacting her." He said and I turned my head to him.

"Do that.. I don't care about her anymore."

"Suit yourself." He said and then I walked out from that room. I walked out from the building and go towards my car. I got inside and looked at the box that Lucas gave me earlier.

Suddenly my phone rang and I took it out from my pocket. It's Tatiana. I kept looking at the screen waiting for her to stop calling me because hearing her voice.. looking into her eyes.. talk to her.. will stop me from going back to Santorini.

After putting James and Eric to jail, I was so happy. After all these years, my parents got the justice that they deserve. I was happy but at the same time I felt bad because Tatiana lost the one and only family that she has left.

Leaving and divorcing her is not easy for me. I have a lot of sleepless night think about it. All of you might think that forget about everything and just be with her, be happy and start over but it's not that simple.

I have been through a lot since I was a kid and life is always hard and tough for me. I saw my parents died in front of my eyes, forced into the mafia world, building an empire for 3 years just to destroy my parent's killer and try to get over through my trauma and hard times. I was alone and I was always meant to be alone.

In my eyes.. Tatiana deserves more than.

Suddenly someone knocked on my car window and I turned my head finding Tatiana standing there gesturing me to come out. I started the car and she stood at the back part of the car stopping me from going.

I opened the window of my car and looked at her from the rear mirror. I waited for her to say something because I bet she has a reason for coming here. Instead of saying something, she just stood there looking at me. I decided to get out from my car and then standing facing her.

I looked at her raising my eyebrows waiting for her to say something..

"I miss you." She said and my body froze.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly and she took out a brown envelope from her bag. She walked to me and gave it to me.

"I know it's not enough to cover up my dad's sins but it's the least I can do. I want you to take it." She said and I opened the envelope. I looked at it disbelief and I turned my head to Tatiana.

"I don't need money, Tatiana!" I bursted angrily at her and I put the envelope in front of her.

"I want a live.. and if I can choose who I can kill.. it will be you." I said to her coldly and she just looked at me calmly. She took the envelope from me.

"But sorry.. I can't give you my life because I'm here to live for you."