Chapter 49 - Waiting

Ian Xander

"Ms. Kamerie's right ear was hit pretty hard and she won't be able to hear everything normal like she used to. It was damaged pretty bad."

I punched the glass in front of me and regreted letting her slip from my hands. I took a deep breath and I felt my heart aching so much. It was my fault that she's hurt. I looked at the blood running through my hands and I turned the water on.

"Hey." I turned to see Lucas.

"She won't be able to hear normally again with her right ear."

"Deandre.. it's no-"

"Why is everyone around me will get hurt at some point?"  I bursted angrily.

"You're hurting and blaming yourself too much, Andre. You should talk to her and stop running away from her. Be with her." He said and I sighed.

"She kept looking for you.. you should talk to her." Lucas said and he left. I closed my eyes and took a really deep breath. I washed the blood away and wiped my tears. I walked out from the toilet and found Tatiana leaning on the wall in front of the toilet waiting for me. She was smiling at me.

Her eyes landed on my hand and she walked to me. She grabbed my wrist carefully and dragged me towards the emergency room. I stopped her by pulling away my wrist away from her.

"It's not your fault." She said.

"Staying with me will hurt you and when I was going to leave you.. you got hurt."

"Then don't leave. Stay." She said and I looked at her right ear. It was bandage and I looked away.

"It's not your fault, Ian." She said. She slowly took my wrist and dragged me to the emergency room.

"Can you please treat my husband? He hurted himself." She said to the nurse and the nurse gestured us to go to one fo the empty bed. She asked me to sit down and Tatiana sat down on the chair.

"You won't be able to hear normally again."

"I still have my left ear." She said like it was nothing. I turned to her disbelief.

"You still your left ear? Do you hear yourself?!" I bursted angrily at her.

"It's nothing compare what happened to you." She said.

"I don't know if you're stupid or not? You-"

"Stop blaming yourself for everything or blaming he situation. Everything happens for a reason, Ian. It's not your fault." She said cutting me.

"I hurted you." I said in a small voice.

"Eric hurted me and you saved me." She corrected.

"Hello Mr. Romeo." The doctor came to me and checked up on me. Tatiana walked away and I kept my eyes on her. She talked to the nurse and it hurted my heart more then she leaned closer to the nurse to hear what the nurse is saying.

I pushed away the doctor and walked towards Tatiana. I grabbed her hand and dragged her out from the emergency room. I dragged her towards the door who handled her earlier.

"I want you to find away to fix her ear." I bursted angrily.

"Ian."

"I want you to find a way to-"

"Stop Ian!" Tatiana bursted angrily at me and I turned to her disbelief. She apologized to the doctor and dragged me out from the room. She dragged me towards the garden.

"It's not your fault!" She bursted and slapped me. She cried and I looked away taking a really deep breath. My chest hurted.

"It's not your fault.. please stop."

"It's okay." She said.

"I'm okay. It's fine. You came and beated him up.. it's enough." She smiled a little and she walked closer to me. She slipped her arms around my hip hugging me. She hugged me tightly and I felt my heart aching. I should have never let her out of my sight.

"Everything is falling back to their place, now you can go and clear your head." She said as she buried her head to my chest.

"Go.. and then when you think the time is right.. come back to me."

"Leave me.. find someone else." I said.

"I know your heart better than you know it. I won't find other man, don't worry. I will be here and will never go anywhere. Stop blaming yourself for everything." She said.

"Stop blaming yourself.. stop hurting yourself.. okay?" She looked up to me and I looked away avoiding her eyes.

"How about you and I eat ice cream? Eating ice cream can fix your mood." She smiled.

"You still can smile right now? You can't hear normally again with your right ear." I said coldly.

"I still have my left ear and I have you as my right ear. I'm good at reading people's mouth so don't worry I'm not compeltely deaf." She chuckled.

"Tatiana!" I bursted angrily. She smiled at me softly and she put her hand on my cheek. She caressed my cheek.

"Go wherever you want to go.. and then comeback to me." She said.

"My right ear will be fine. The doctor said to me that he can fix it but it will take time so don't worry." She said snd I sighed. I looked away and pushed her hand away from my cheek.

"I'm a little bit tired. I'll go to my room now. Goodnight Ian." She said as she walked backwards. I locked my eyes to her and sighed. She turned her body away from me and walked towards the door.

"I will comeback but I don't know when." I said loud enough for her to hear.

"Will be waiting for that." She said without tunring her head to me.