Chapter Six - Tourney Trouble

🐾Carlos' P.O.V🐾

"Bro, what was that?" Ben chuckled, referring to the moment me and Jade had earlier.

"O-Oh that? Psh, It was n-nothing" I lied, biting my lip.

"You're an awful liar" he laughed and patted me on the back, "Carlos, it's pretty obvious you like her".

"What? Me like Jade? That's insane" I said, trying to blow it off.

I technically wasn't lying, I don't like Jade. I love her. I've been in love with her since I was eight.

"It's not insane, it's true" he said calmly.

"Well, I don't like her..." I said sitting down on the bleachers and looked up at him, "I love her, Ben. I started loving her before I even knew what love meant".

Ben sat down beside me and sighed, "Why haven't you told her yet?"

"Believe me, I've tried. Many times" He groaned, "I always chicken out or can't find the courage to tell her".

"Why are you so scared to tell her? It's pretty clear she's totally into you too" he grinned as the tourney coach waved us over to the field.

"I-I don't know Ben" I sighed, getting up and jogging over to where the rest of the team was.

"Well, find out for yourself if you're that unsure, then" He shrugged as we joined the others on the field.

"Jay, Ben, offense. Chad, you're defense," the tourney coach called, "Taylor, you're the shooter".

"Right, coach!"

"Hey. Hey! Hey, you. Lost boy!" The coach yelled at me, and I looked up at him, "Put your helmet on. Get out of the kill zone!"

"Kill zone? Wha..." I mumbled, deathly confused.

Jay chuckled, shaking his head and patted me on the back, "You daydreaming about Jade again?" He smirked, knowing that just the sound of her name made me blush.

"Pshhh... no" I denied it, biting my lip. I mean he wasn't wrong, I've been in love with this girl before I even know what love was. Of course I was thinking about her. How can you not? She's the most amazing amazing human being on this earth.

"Were too" Jay laughed and punched my arm lightly.

"Was not!" I exclaimed and tried to shove him but he was a lot stronger than me, causing me to fall onto the ground.

He smirked, looking down at me, "were too".

"Hey! Enough chit chat, you two! Pick it up. Put it on!" Coach yelled and Jay helped me up as we go to our positions onto the field.

Once the whistle blew, Jay was running towards me, "Ahh! Jay, It's me! It's Carlos! Wait, stop, Jay. Stop!" I yelled.

"No, no, no, no. No! Ahh!" I cried as he tackled me onto the ground and scored.

"Oh, yeah! Come on, let's go!" Jay cheered and started doing his very stupid victory dance, "Whoo! Oh yeah!"

"What just happened?" I mumbled to myself as I get up and see Chad walk over to Ben, "Who is this guy?".

"You! Get over here!" The coach yelled and Jay nodded, running over to him, "What do you call that?" Coach asks him then grins wide, "I call that raw talent. Come find me later. I'll show you something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book. Welcome to the team, son" He said shaking Jay's hand.

He then sighs and turns to me, "You ever thought about band?"

"Ha. Ha. Very funny" I rolled my eyes