Chapter Twelve - A Recipe for Disaster

♥️ Jade's P.O.V ♥️

"All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry" I said, holding the spell book in my hands.

"Let's just chop up some onions" Carlos suggested and grabbed an onion out of the basket onto of the countertop, which he was sitting on.

I shook my head, "No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly".

"A tear's a tear" Jay shrugged.

"That's not true, Jay," Evie spoke up, "They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear," she said, sounding a lot more intelligent than we ever thought she was.

"Listen to you, E" Mal grinned.

Jay leaned against the counter, crossing his arms, "Psh, yeah, I knew that".

Carlos laughed,"Ha, did not".

"Yeah, I did!" He exclaimed.

"There you are, Jade!" Lonnie, the daughter of Mulan, who also tried out for the cheer squad with Jane and I, exclaimed as she walked into the kitchen and I covered the spell book with a rag. "I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair now!" She smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you and Jane both like your new hair" I faked smiled, "Now, as you can see we're quite busy-"

"Oooh yum! A midnight snack! What are you guys making?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, nothing special. Just cookies." Evie replied and Lonnie dipped her finger into the batter, putting us all into a huge panic.

"Oh, no, no! Wait, wait, wait!" We all yelled, worried the spell would take place in her and ruin our entire plan, but also causing another huge problem we would need to fix.

She looked at us all, confused, "What? I'm not gonna double dip" Lonnie laughed faintly.

"Feel anything?" Mal asked her.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" I added.

Jay smirked, leaning against the pole and tried flirting with her, "Hey, there," he said.

Lonnie glanced at Jay, made a face, and shook her head, looking back at us, "Hm, It could use some chips".

We all sighed in relief, seeing that the spell didn't take effect in Lonnie, "Chips?" Mal questioned.

"And those are...?" I asked her as well.

"Chocolate chips" Lonnie said simply, grabbing a bowl of these small brown treats out of the fridge, setting them on the counter, and tossing a few into her mouth, "Just the most important food group," then stopped and looked at all of our confused faces, "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and... Wait- why are you all

looking at me like that?" She paused and asked us when she saw the saddening looks upon each of our faces.

Especially mine.

My mother barely loves me. She uses me as a toy to get what she wants and to manipulate others to get her way, and her way only. She uses me by basically bartering me to date and pretend to have feelings for the person she's trying to make a deal's with son. I'm just a useless object to her. I could die and she would most likely not give a crap.