Chapter Fifteen - If Only

♥️Jade's P.O.V♥️

Evie pulled me into my dorm after we of course stopped by hers to get what she needs.

"You're looking a little pale" she said as she did my makeup and I nodded, "I can fix that with some gloss and some blush!" She exclaimed.

"Okay, easy on the blush" I chuckled, "I don't want to scare him away, not that I could" I mumbled.

"Oh please, my mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk" Evie replied and smiled, "Always use upward strokes.

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips" I sighed, "She was more of a criticizer that just enjoyed making me feel bad".

"Well, I never had a sister" Evie frowned, and I knew she's always wanted one her entire life.

"Well, now you do" I smiled faintly, hugging her, "We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off" I sighed, looking up at her.

"My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask snow white" she chuckled slightly.

"Are you afraid of her?" I asked Evie curiously.

She shrugged, "Sometimes. Are you afraid of your mom?"

I sighed, thinking for a moment, "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her" I said, my smile fading away slowly, just thinking about my mother, "And yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... In her own way".

"Oh well, moving on!" Evie says, sensing I was getting a little upset, "Come see" she smiled, pulling me up and to the mirror

"Are we done?" I asked her, and she nodded, smiling, "Yeah".

I looked at myself in the mirror, "Oh, wow" I said, shocked at how pretty I saw myself as for once. I looked different than when I usually get ready by myself, but Evie did amazing.

"I know!" She smiled

"I look... not hideous" I replied, seeing how I looked, and I looked amazing.

She smiled, hugging my right side, "Not even close. Oh! and I almost forgot!" she exclaimed and took out this black leather jacket from her bag, "I made this for your date tonight, I thought it would look so good on you" She smiled and handed it to me.

I carefully put it on and smiled, "I love it, E". Then I took once last glance in the mirror, analyzing myself very carefully.

 Then I took once last glance in the mirror, analyzing myself very carefully

Soon, we both heard a knock at the door and Evie squealed, "I'll get it!"

I giggled and nodded, grabbing my purse then walking over to stand behind Evie.

When she opened the door, Carlos' eyes instantly landed on me, and his jaw dropped.

"Wow," He said, almost speechless, "For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful".