Chapter Thirteen - The Big Game

♥️Jade's P.O.V♥️

As Jane and I walked to our lockers, a bunch of girls started greeting me and being suddenly a lot nicer to me than normal.

"Hi Jade!" One of them waved and the others soon followed.

"Hey Jade!" Some said.

"Omg, Jade!" One exclaimed.

"Love the hair, Jade!" Another one smiled widely.

I pulled Jane closer to me than she already was, "Jane, what is happening??" I whispered, my voice shaky from slight fear and panic.

She laughed, "Relax, bestie. They like you!"

"Just 'cause I fixed their hair?" I asked.

"Of course not! Well, maybe... You know what? It doesn't matter how they got to liking you. What matters is that they do, so enjoy it while it lasts!" She exclaimed, and I shrugged softly, "I guess".

"And hey, it could be much worse. They could be talking behind your back and too terrified to even look you in the eyes".

"Terrified like you were when you first met me?" I questioned and raised my eyebrows at her, smirking a little.

"Exactly!" Jane agreed then realized what I just said, "Wait- no! I didn't mean it like that at all-"

I laughed, "Calm down, Jane. I was just kidding" I smiled softly as she sighed in major relief.

"Oh, good!" She smiled back at me, relieved, "Now I gotta get to class, see ya later?" She said and I nodded, "Yeah, see ya".

Then I see out of the corner of my eye Mal and Jay approach me, "Are you feeling kind of weird about this?" He asks me, leaning against the locker next to mine as I grab my things for my next class, "I mean, It's not so bad here, you know," he shrugged.

"Are you insane?" Mal and I say at the same time, "Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news!" I exclaimed and snapped my fingers in his face, "Snap out of it!"

He flinched, then grinned and nodded, "Thanks, Jade. I needed that" and walked off to greet the girls.

"Do you think they actually paid for those?" Mal and I hear Audrey say to Ben.

"Oh great, now Audrey has yet another reason to hate us" Mal rolls her eyes.

"Since when do you care what others thing about us?" I asked.

"Never, I just think Ben can do a lot better than her," she replied.

I crossed my arms and smirked faintly at her, "Since when did you start caring that much about Ben?"

"I don't," She argued, "Audrey just gives me a headache".

"Oh, hello. The name's Jay" Jay says to the girls, who are all just fawning over him, "You all going to the tourney game tonight?"

"Yeah!" They all nodded and giggled.

"Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal" He grinned and held some of their hands.

Okay!" They all swooned.

I rolled my eyes, "Jay's excessive flirting is give me a headache," I mumbled, then continued to listen in to Ben and Audrey's conversation.

"She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it," Audrey gossiped, "And I'm pretty sure Mal's in on it, as well!"

Ben shrugged, "What's the harm?"

"It's gateway magic!" She exclaimed, "Sure... it starts with the hair. Next thing you know It's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?" She pouted, making Mal and I gag and roll our eyes.