Chapter 5

"If you're not too busy."
"We're Pretty busy."

Ophelia leapt up to her feet just before Echo pounced on the boy and let loose a snarl

Ophelia leapt up to her feet just before Echo pounced on the boy and let loose a snarl. Logically, Ophelia wouldn't stand a chance against the girl but still Echo stood down. Something that would not have happened were it Blue that Ophelia challenged. The sound of guns being ready to fire and her brother yelling, "Hold your fire. Put twelve amps in these animals and they'll never trust me again." were faintly being registered in the back of her head. Delta attempted to see if she could get a bite from the boy next and Ophelia didn't hesitate to jump between the two of them. Delta faltered , same as Echo , but only for a moment as she was determined to find her opening.

"Jeremy!" Ophelia yelled out staring down Delta although she could feel a prickle in the back of her neck. "On the count of three Jump to your left." She turned her head to scowl as she noticed that Jeremy seemed frozen. Annoyed she turned to Barry and shouted, "Barry Grab the kid." The low growl from Echo and Delta reminded her to keep her focus on the beings with sharp teeth.

When she turned to look at Jeremy she noticed that Owen was standing by her keeping his focus on Blue and Charlie. Echo and Delta both lunged for Ophelia and at the last second she turned rolling out of the way back to her feet to watch them crash into each other.

"Owen, we need to get out now. You can't challenge an Alpha for too long." She warned her brother.

Hearing his little sister's words Owen commanded "Barry. Close the gate!" as Ophelia let out a mimic of a playful chirp towards the animals ignoring the small scratch from Delta's claw. It was a desperate attempt to put them in a playful mood, less interested in the hunt.

"Are you crazy!?" Barry asked but Owen paid no attention to his friend more interested in relaying the plan to his sister.

"Trust us Barry. Close the gate." Ophelia's words were firm and determined as she kept her gaze on the calm Raptors. The two Grady's slowly moved to stand next to the other , arms held out in gestures of peace.

"Now." Owen whispered and together the two siblings rolled under the gate at the last second.

"You two love giving me heart attacks don't you?" Barry exhaled in relief to see the two of them. Owen chuckled standing up immediately while Ophelia took refuge of the floor and heard Barry speak to Owen in a soft murmur of assurance.

Owen turned to Jeremy and asked "You're the new guy right?" to which Jeremy nodded. "You ever wonder why there was a job opening?" making the boy's face lose all it's color. Owen stuck his hand out for Ophelia to grab pulling her off the floor. "You're lucky you dragged Phil in there with you or Echo would have easily." And Owen made a dramatic shudder while Ophelia sent a grimace Jeremy's way.

"Don't turn your back to the cage." Ophelia and Owen both warned the boy.

Jeremy turned in enough time to see Echo snarl at the boy and let out a hiss of annoyance that the boy was no longer within arm's distance. Ophelia giggled turning to look at her older brother before frowning at the look of anger on his face. She followed his gaze and her own smiles ended when she saw what her brother did.