Chapter 14

The car ride to the Raptor Pen was ... different. Owen's fingers kept drumming in the steering wheel while Anne and Gray were holding onto me like I were a lifeline in their sleep and Zach rested his head against the window staring out with tired eyes. Claire kept tapping away on her phone before she let out a sound of frustration.

"They're planning on using the Raptors to hunt down the Indominus." She informed us and I winced and watched Owens jaw set. "And one more..."

"They hope to use Ophelia." Owen growled his gaze flickering to me quickly. An eyebrow rose slightly as I heard my full name. Owen was really pissed off then. His gaze flickered to the kids and around two minutes before we arrived to the Raptor Pen a huge dip in the road caused everyone to jostle and the children woke up both of them holding onto me with tiny nails digging into my skin.

Without thinking I let out a chirp and then there was a small rumbling in my chest that caused me to be surprised and Anne to mumble half asleep "Kitty."

Zach, Claire and Owen however turned their heads to look at me while I was in awe of myself. "Phil... are you purring?" To test out the theory himself Zach put his hand right on my chest and nodded.

"Dude. That's crazy." Zach looked at us for a brief second before moving his hand off my chest from the way Owen and I were looking at him and the purring stopped.

Anne suddenly looked forward and shouted "Bright Lights!" And so we had arrived. There was the Raptor Pen and the rumbling in my chest returned but now had a sinister sound. The car doors opened and all doors opened at the same time and Anne leapt off my lap jumping onto Gray and I basically shoved Zach out of my way.

My brother was marching towards Hoskins with a snarl on his lips.

"The mother hen has finally arrived." Hoskins shouted for the world. While he spoke Owen and I glanced at each other and nodded. Owen wound his first back and punched him knocking him my way and as he was falling down I kicked the bastard to the floor.

"Get the hell out of here and stay away from our animals." Owen snarled as Hoskins was writhing on the floor in pain as he slowly got up grunting.

I took the chance to punch him again and Owen chuckled. "Finally got to punch you. God you don't know how long I've been waiting to do that." I exhaled in satisfaction.

"Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch!" Claire stepped up shouting and her head swaying side to side. Tell em Claire!

"Jesus! How many more people have to die before this mission starts to make sense to you? It's not a mission. It's a field test. This is an InGen situation now." Hoskins snapped his head bobbing up and down like a rooster strutting. I growled and stepped forward again about to launch myself at him when four firm arms grabbed me pulling me back.

"I know what you're thinking and don't Phil." My brother warned. And I was pushed towards a body that immediately kept a firm hold on me.

I turned my head to see Barry holding me. I felt my body slightly relax in relief over having seen him remain safe. "There's still witnesses here." Barry murmured and I smiled at his willingness to joke over what Plots I had in my mind for the man speaking.

"-gonna get off this island. You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives. No, better yet, how your animals saved lives." He then looked at me and I'm guessing took advantage of the fact that I was held back and poked my chest.

"How you saved lives."

I wrenched one arm out of Barry's grasp but Hoskins ducked the fist and I growled lowly as Barry then pulled me back once more. "You need a muzzle." I heard Hoskins mutter in annoyance.