Chapter 16

I heard the sound of the engine and smirked seeing my brother zooming up to him. "Thank god you're okay." I shouted over the roar of the engine and Owen seemed to sag his shoulders in relief. "Come on. We gotta get the kids indoors to some method of protection." I shouted and he nodded.

"Well last I saw them they were heading over to -" And then Owen Pointed and Well enough I just instinctively knew to follow my brother as the sight of the truck came up to view. Owen drove all the way up to the drivers side and began shouting while I stayed behind the truck with a face of concern. Why on earth were the doors to the gate open? And why is little Anne holding the tasers we use for the dinosaurs?!

Seeing the Hammond Recreational Lab Center was a relief and I parked the motorcycle with a soft purr and I grabbed Gray setting him down on the floor while Owen helped Claire get out of the car and Zach hopped out. "Anne. Come on we need to go." I beckoned looking around slightly paranoid but not all the way. I suppose I had a bit of an Spidey Sense myself except that it functioned with dinosaurs..

"But I don't want to let go of the zapper!" Anne pouted stomping her feet and holding the zapper which caused me to let my eyes widen as the taser crackled with electricity. "I zapped a dinosaur! Want me to zap you?" she laughed pointing the taser at me and I screamed dodging the taser.

"No!" I shouted ducking and Anne blinked looking at me as the taser crackled in her hands and I watched as Owen took it away from her causing her to pout but before she could start crying there was a loud roar in the background and Anne jumped into my arms and Claire grabbed her nephews before leading the way into the building as she sprinted in those heels. I will forever respect this woman. She's been running, jumping, hiking and walking in those things all day and not once have I seen her falter.

"That way." Claire shouted pointing the way to the Control room and I jogged with Anne holding onto me piggy back style. Jesus. I've gotta work out more. Then slowly there was the sound of something soft hitting the floor and Claire halted stating "They evacuated the lab." she announced as her head tilted in confusion. Now despite the fact that we had our entire lives on the line curiosity struck all of them and they entered the lab.

"Are you guys kidding me?" I clapped my hands twice. "We are running for our lives and you want to see the research?" I scolded them. Claire didn't pay attention to me as she was too busy enraptured by the snake with two faces. (I can think of people where that description will fit.)

I reached over and tapped Owen trying to grab his attention but he shook me off for a lizard with blue feathers. "If I had the zapper that would have made them move." Anne complained obviously still sore about having had the Taser taken from her. I decided to distract her with the genetically modified reptiles.

"What are you doing?" Claire's voice dragged everyone out of our awed observations to see men in uniform putting data and research into a strange suitcase overwhelmed with fog. The men ignored us and continued with their work which I understood to a certain extent. I mean there is a killer dinosaur loose on this island and you guys are acting like this is a simple sweep of an office.

Hoskins then appeared out of nowhere with that stupid cocky smug smirk. Did I mention it was stupid and cocky? "I'm afraid that's above your pay grade,honey" He walked in and looked at us with that stupid smug smirk.. "I see you guys survived the dinosaur hoedown there." He grinned putting his hands on his hips and giving a sort of Southern Texan Vibe to his words. This man was born and raised in a city so how dare he?

A low growl came rumbling in my chest as I moved Anne to duck behind my head hiding her from his sight. " Where's Henry?" Claire demanded and I felt myself perk up at the sound of the name belonging to the man who saved my life. Then... to my displeasure Hoskins continued speaking.