Chapter 11

"I think we're going in circles." Claire shared as we walked through the tall grass which FYI made me feel a hell of a lot shorter than I actually was dammit. "Don't you think we should drop some kind of a search grid or something?"

"Does she ever shut up?" I groaned to my brother as we kept walking in the jungle because Claire was just complaining after one thing and after another and now it was  about her lack of interacting with her nephews. And to my lack of surprise my brother was responding to her.

" It's messy to have other people in your life." Owen murmured as he had his gun pointed while I kept my own weapon on the ready.

"Dude, ouch." I chuckled before he looked at me.

"No offense Phil but you're more animal than human as well." I growled at my brother's statement  as he stuck his tongue out at me.

"You do realize you're proving him right? Right?" Claire retorted "Yeah But I like people. Well most people. "

Owen slung his weapon to go across his back as he walked a circle around it. "Humans are an overrated species."  Wow if ya don't sound like me on a Monday. 

I turned to see my brother staring at a large pile of dung. Oh hell no Owen. However my brother didn't seem to notice nor pay attention to the glares I was giving him and also seemed to be tuning out the one and only Claire Dearing as she began to compliment my brother "You know. I really underestimated you two. I've been treating you like a Neanderthal and his pet and-" She bent down to fix her shoe.

I shook my head looking at Owen and shaking my head as he squatted down right in front of the dung and I grimaced at the wet sound that emanated from him and he slapped both of his hands into the pile of dung with a loud SPLAT! I immediately made a gagging sound turning around.

"There's actually a lot more to you. I guess I just get so wrapped up in all my personal shi-" Claire stopped speaking and I could see that she was finally paying attention to what I was seeing. I knew why Owen was doing it but dude, he was applying it like it was a mud bath as he placed a thin layer along the areas one would spray cologne. Did he wear Cologne earlier? "What is he doing?" She gawked at him in disgust.

"Hell if I knew!" I released an unattractive snort while Owen rolled his eyes at us.
"Look. I know you're used to watching your assets from behind glass, but out here we're on their turf. You need to cover up the smell of that vanilla scented lotion you put on before you come to see me." He warned her and I rolled my eyes. This man is unbelievable.  Did he just imply that she wears a specific lotion for him?

My brother is an absolute arse.

Claire started protesting against it immediately but judging by how she suddenly was blushing as red as her hair I let out a sound disgust. "Really? You're proving the misogynistic pig right?"

"Hey!"

"Shut up Owen. Women are speaking!" I hushed him and I knew what she was going to say before she said it and I shook my head. "Oh, goodness gracious Claire. I can smell your vanilla from before you got out of the car."

"Okay before I said something that hurt Phil's feelings. I'm sorry." Claire let out a screech that sounded like 'Phil's feelings?' and Owen continued speaking with my nod of approval. "Can we just consider for a minute that I might actually know a little more about something then you do?" At the simple statement I watched Claire wiggle her head slightly looking at Owen warily as he stepped closer to her.  I didn't blame her as his hands were full of crap. Literally.

Claire let out a gagging sound and Owen kneeled down right at her legs. "Ready?"

She jumped as though he had placed ice on her skin. And I rolled my eyes at the two adults. "No! Nonono" She muttered quickly briefly reminding me of an auctioneer. " I'm perfectly capable of doing this myself." She announced walking over and then set foot in the fecal matter with as much dignity as she could muster which obviously wasn't a lot anymore.

Suddenly judging by how she was slathering on the woman had grabbed too much and I unleashed a very disgusted gag once more and of course who but Owen was taking the advantage to look at the woman's legs. I facepalmed. "Really Owen?" I scolded him and watched him turn red and look away. I swear he's like a hormonal teenager.

I shuddered in disgust. After Claire effectively covered her legs in literal shit, she turned to Owen and with hands raised in a delicate manner she asks "Did I miss a spot?" Of course Owen who had been preoccupied with checking out Claire's assets had suddenly caused him to look flustered.

Thankfully somewhere due to his small brain Owen managed to recover enough to stutter out some semblance of sounds and gestured awkwardly to her chest area. She narrowed her eyes before making a slapping sound and smearing it and as she moved closer to her face and Owen stuck his hand out as though to stop her but instead closed his open his hand in a fist and kept his mouth shut. "Oh god."

She was quick and then he paused and he started laughing while I continued to look at the both of them disgusted. "What?" She looked at him all the more offended and slightly confused her gaze flickering to me for explanation but in this instance I couldn't help her..

"No I just- I mean- You didn't have to get it on your face." Owen explained and she pouted looking hurt as though we had been the ones to wipe it on her face causing her to scowl. SHe looked irritated and on a completely honest basis. I did not blame her. "Which is okay! I just- Did that get in your mouth?" He looked genuinely concerned and I no longer saw the aloof Owen but rather my older brother the goof Owen. He pulled out a rag and offered it to her but she just pushed past him "I'm just saying you overdid it is all."

Owen then turned to me and with his gaze gesture to the fecal matter. I scoffed. "I'll die instead brother. Besides, you overdid it too." I teased showing him how he basically threw clumps on his skin. I walked following Claire Dearing as she was slowly in my eyes gaining my respect.