2

"Where in the name of howlite are the pups?" Everest muttered, looking around her and Marshall's cave.
"We're here Mama." The young grey pups said, bounding over to their mother.
"Where were you two?" She said, pulling them close and holding them tightly.
"Sorry Ev, I took them down to the creek." Marshall said, walking over and licking his mate behind her ear. The pups told their parents that they were going to play with their friends outside and bounced out. Everest was about to snap at Marshall but she looked at the black and white wolf that stood by her, his sapphire blue eyes looked at her lovingly.
"It's fine. Just tell me next time." She sighed, moving her body under his chin, purring and slowly wagging her tail.

"Marshall! Everest! You guys home?!" Chase called from the outside of the cave.
"Yeah! We're here!" Everest replied. Marshall gave a whine as his mate moved away. "Later." She whispered, kissing his nose and making his ears perk up happily.
Chase walked over to his best friend with Skye in tow.
"Hi guys." Chase smiled. "Skye this is the Beta pair; Marshall and Everest. Guys, this is Skye. She's new to the pack. We've just been to see my father."
"Hi." Everest stepped towards the other female who smiled at her friendly nature.
"Hi." Skye said softly.
"Marsh. We're on todays hunt." Chase smiled at his best friend.
"Yes! I'm dying to go hunting I haven't t been in ages!" Marshall paced on the spot happily.
"Go on you two." Everest rolled her eyes. "And alpha." The brown wolf turned around. "Don't get too dirty. Sweetie won't be pleased."
"I won't." He called as the pair ran out of the cave. As soon as the boys were gone, Everest turned to Skye.
"You know, I shouldn't say it but I hate Sweetie."
"Really? Why?" Skye asked, sitting next to the blue-grey wolf.
"She's so doesn't even love Chase, she's just happy that his father wants her to be the Luna, it boosts her status. She's harmed my pups twice already and somehow made it look accidental."
"Would someone really do that?" Skye asked.
"Only someone power hungry. All we need is someone who can show Chase real love and then we'll all feel a lot safer." Everest lay down. "But in a couple of weeks, she'll be given the sandstone, a luna's symbol, and it'll be too late."
"So we need to set him up?" Skye queried.
"It's impossible. Every female of age here has a mate. All except..." the two-toned wolf snapped her line of vision to the blonde one.
"Me? No no. No no no. It would never happen. I'm just a kappa."

Marshall and Chase returned from the hunting party with twelve other wolves. Sweetie was stood, waiting for Chase.
"Hey you." She smiled when he approached.
"Hi." He said as she rubbed up against him.
"I'm gonna get back to Ev and see how Skye is. You coming?" Marshall asked.
"Who's Skye?" The White Wolf demanded.
"Calm down Sweetie, she's just new to the pack." Chase assured her as Marshall walked away.
"I need to see the elders. I'll be back later." Chase smiled, looking into his soon-to-be mate's eyes. She stared back blankly at him.
"Okay." And off she went. Chase frowned and turned around to see an old grey wolf stood behind him.
"Look into her eyes," he said "and you shall see how much she wants it."
"Who's eyes?" Chase looked at the elder.
"That my boy, is for you to find out."