letter three

THE MYSTERY OF
ANGELIQUE BEAUCHAMP
Letter Three

━ THE MYSTERY OF ANGELIQUE BEAUCHAMPLetter Three

❝ For it is plain as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be. ❞

Jack Skellington & Sally,
The Nightmare Before Christmas

ஐ ஐ ஐ

June 22, 1880

Dear Stefan:

  They found me and I hate it, they taunt me all the time. They continuously tells me how pathetic I am, for believing that you would have ever loved me. I never pay attention to it though, because I know you do love me. They told me how you fell in love with someone else. They told me with who, right under my nose you were in love with Katherine Pierce.

  Funny, I remember asking you one time about her. You told me, she was only a guest in your house for a while. I was a fool as to believe that. You loved her and you loved me. Yet there was something nagging me in the back of my mind about how you didn't really love her, like you loved me. So I asked a favor to a friend of mine. To compel you and see how you felt about Katherine. He told me that I was right. You hadn't truly loved her, well not like you loved me.

  You always told me I was 'more desirable' when I was jealous. I remember the day Annie Forbes confessed her feelings for you. We were 8 and we weren't even together yet I wrote her a really mean letter, and now that I think about it, it makes me uncomfortable, telling her things that no 8 year old says. I remember I felt happy seeing 6 year old Annie cry, then guilt hit me and I went crying to the lake. You found me and at first you laughed at me, but after you saw how sad I was. You hugged me and let me cry on your shoulder.

  I never acted jealous with another woman who claimed to love you, I only despised Annie Forbes. And now that I think about it, I never really hated her. I envied her for having the courage to tell you how she felt. I never really hated anyone, until them.

  How I want to hit their head against a bloody table and rip their heart out. Words cannot describe my hatred towards this person. Same as words cannot describe my love towards you, that even though it's been many years it still lives. Unlike me. I'm hilarious, aren't I? My jokes are amazing. You told me that. I believed that lie, you little sh–. How can you let a 10 year old believe that, I went and made that chicken joke to Damon. He looked confused and then he laughed, but not at the joke, at me. Then he apologized and me, being me forgave him.

  I can't believe I started this letter talking about my hatred for them and ended up talking about the chicken joke. My emotions are all over the place and that's not something that came with being undead, it was always that way. Any who, it's my time to go as I'm catching a carriage to New Orleans. Heard from my friend that it's quite fun, might as well have fun while running from them. As I know they will never go to that city.

Loving you, you vazey.
Angelique

ஐ ஐ ஐ

Vazey: Stupid, it comes from the Victorian Era which is where this letter takes place in.