A Kiss

Tensions were high at Zabini Manor, mostly between Heroin and Draco. After her last exchange with the mysterious texture, Hermione seemed to be walking on eggshells. It didnt help the Rhyme constantly wanted attention.

Whenever Hermione would tell her that playtime was over or she was doing something, Rhyme would simply find Draco and bother him.

He was fine with it at first, but then Rhyme accidentally terminated a large contract between Draco's new potion company and Longbottom Herbology. It was an accident, but still, Draco was quite upset.

"Salazar, I swear I am going to kill her!" He fumed.

"Draco, relax. Longbottom's cool. He'll just sign a new one," Panay assured him.

"That is not the point," Draco exclaimed, "I told Granger, I told her, keep the kid away when I'm working. And does she do that? No. Its free game. What Granger wants, Granger gets."

Pansy rolled her eyes, crossing her arms and leaning back.

"No. You know what, it's fine. Its fine. Longbottom's cool. I'll just send him an owl. I'll just lay some boundaries with the kid. Give her something else to do that doesn't risk my career. It was my fault for having her burn those old papers. I didnt tell her which stack. Its my fault."

"Huh, never thought I'd see the day where Draco Malfoy defense the honor of a child," Blaise chuckled.

"He's only doing it because Rhyme is 'Mione's kid. A random child ruins the contract and the kid is dead. Hermione's kid does the same," Pansy said, saying Hermione's name in a sing song voice, "And he blames himself."

"No. I would do it for any kid. I mean, it was my fault," Draco defended.

"Nah, its because of who the mother is," Pansy stated again.

"So? I mean! No wait I meant: No," Draco stammered.

"You like her!" Blaise exclaimed pointint at him.

Theo came flying into the room, "Who does he like? I came as quick as I sensed drama!"

"Mate, what the actual hell," Blaise asked.

"Shut up. Now who does Draco like? Its Mione isn't it," Theo rambled.

"How did you know?" Draco exclaimed before turning bright red, "That's not what I meant, I-I meant how'd you know they accused me of.... That."

"Oh, please Draco. The looks you give her when she talks to you are obvious. And then this whole over protective act. Not to mention you stare at her for hours at a time. You did all this even before she left," Theo explained with over exaggerated hand movements.

"I don't like her," Draco grumbled.

"We know that," Theo sighed frustrated, "Its obvious you're in love."

"Am not."

"Prove it," Liv said.

"What?" Draco and the other two boys asked whipping their heads to face her.

"Prove it. Go and kiss her. If there's no spark than you're right. If there is and its big then we're right." Liv explained with the famous Malfoy smirk.

Draco's mouth fell open, "W-What," he spluttered, "I'm not going to kiss her! Its Granger."

"Zabini," Blaise corrected automatically.

"There she is. Go do it now and prove to us you 'don't love her'," Liv demanded.

True to Liv's word, Hermione had just come down the stairs. She went over to the bookshelf in the large room and quietly browsed through it.

Draco glared at his sister, but gave in. He needed to prove to them that he didn't love her.

He rose from his seat with a heavy sigh and walked over behind Hermione.

"Any suggestions?" She asked feeling his presence behind her.

Draco ignored her a took a deep breath. He was oddly nervous. He took her wrist carefully in his hand and spun her around. He caught her wrists and held her firmly to the wall.

"What the hell?" Hermione asked surprised by the sudden movement.

"I'm sorry," Draco whispered before pressing his lips against hers.

The moment his lips hit hers, Hermione felt her knees go weak. Her eyes closed and lips moved against his. They both felt electricity shoot up there bodies but ignored it, to far gone in their kiss.

Draco pressed Hermione fully to the wall and wrapped his arms around her thin waist. Hers moved up and tangled into his blonde locks that were quite long. What started out as a simple and innocent kiss soon turned into a full out snogging session.

Draco finally pulled away, "Hell. There's a spark," he muttered.

"Most definitely," Hermione whispered looking into his eyes, almost afraid of what she might see.

The moment her eyes locked onto his, he was capturing her lips again. A sudden craving for them to be pressed into his own had washed over Draco.

"There's got to be a spark," Blaise gaped.

"I'll ask Mione later. Tonights our secret telling night," Theo grinned before sprinting off.

"He's in love with her even if he doesn't know it. But this may show it," Liv laughed.

"That it will," Blaise said.