Lifetime

June 10th 2005:

"Almost there, Gin, almost there," Harry coaxed as his wife squeezed the life out of his hand.

"God dammit, Hermione! Why didn't you tell me it was this bloody painful?" Ginny screeched at the top of her lungs.

"In my defense you never asked," Hermione huffed.

"Almost there, Ginny. Just one more push," Luna urged.

With a final scream from the redhead, a baby emerged. Luna wrapped the child in a blanket quickly before bringing it to the scales and washing station where she handed him to another doctor.

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Harry asked.

Hermione and Ginny slowly turned their heads to him and glared.

"You try birthing a child, wonder boy," Ginny growled.

"I'll pass thanks!" He exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Congratulations, Ginny," Luna smiled passing her a bundle of blankets with a child inside, "It's a boy."

"James," Giny breathed looking at him with a smile.

"How're the twins?" Harry asked to Luna, who had given birth a few weeks earlier.

"Oh, splendid! They love their father very much. I wish daddy was still here to see them," She added as an afterthought.

"He's beautiful," Hermione smiled stroking the top of James's head.

James only had a few black curls. He had large brown eyes that stared up at the three adults in wonder. Hermione excused herself to get a cup of tea, but really was just leaving the two lovebirds alone.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed running into someone.

"It's fine," A deep and calm voice came from about half a foot above her.

"Draco? Uh, hi," Hermione stuttered blishing slightly. She honeslty thought that she acted like a schoolgirl with a crush around her.

"Hey," He responded with a smile, "What are you doing here?"

"Ginny just gave birth to little James," Hermione grinned remembering the chubby baby.

"Ah, that makes sense. Seems like all of them are popping around the same time."

Hermione slapped his shoulder and laughed. Draco his a smile. He really loved her laughter. Whenever he could get her to laugh, it filled his heart with joy.

"So what are you up too?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing much," Draco shrugged, "Just got off work here. Fancy grabbing a bite to eat?" He asked.

"Sure," Hermione nodded.

Draco mentally fist pumped the air. Merlin, this woman was going to kill him. Everything about her was perfect. From her witty personality to the small scar on her neck.

. . . . .

"So what's this kids name again?" Draco asked sipping his butterbeer.

"James Sirius Potter," Hermione repkied instantly.

"Figures," Draco snorted, "Named after his dad and uncle."

"Rhyme's middle name is the name of my mother," Hermione scolded.

"Yeah but your kid is cute. They have a chubby mass with, and I'm guessing here, black hair," Draco countered.

Hermione broke into a fit of giggles at this. Draco smiled into his glass. Her laughter was adorable to him. She managed to control herself after a minute and playfully glared at him.

"That wasnt very nice."

"Wasn't meant to be."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Some things will never change."

"And some things will," Draco said placing a hand over hers, a small smile on his features.

Hermione returned it, getting lost in his eyes. They sat there holding hands and staring at each other for about five minutes.

"It's been amazing hanging with you. Even in the few days its been," Draco said.

"It has," Hermione agreed.

"Something tells me this is going to last a long-"

"Lifetime," Hermione whispered. It had been quick, but she really felt safe around him.

"A lifetime," Draco repeated, not once taking his eyes off her.