7 [seven]

November 30th 2005

A grand adventure is about to begin.

– Winnie the Pooh

The crash seemed to take forever; as adrenaline made its way through my system.

I was finally leaving. Leaving the town that broke me. Leaving the people. I was gonna start a new life someplace where nobody knew me... where I could raise the little ones without judgement, be the person I want to be.

But I didn't make it.

Alec tried to stop me, the tears flowing down his face. He knew this time would come eventually, he was just waiting for the right time.

"Adi, please, if you have to leave then at least let me come with you" He sobbed as he met me at the front door.

I shook my head as I turned on my heels, now facing him. "I will call you when I find where i'm going, then you'll come find me, I need to be alone before the twins come... just for a little while" I tried to explain my thinking but I don't think I could say anything that would make him understand why I was leaving.

"Please trust me Al, I'm sorry" That's all I said before I took off out the front door and into my car. My mind running a million miles an hour. I have to find a better place to raise my kids, without all the baggage and drama that comes along with living here in forks, and being Adeline Adams, the teenage pregnant girl who couldn't be bothered to finish high school or do something with her life. I was done being stuck in this small town. I was ready to get out.

I was driving too fast. I knew it.

My car sped down the abandoned road on the outskirts of Forks. The further I drove, the more I felt like I could breathe, I didn't look back, but oh how I wanted to. I caught a small glimpse of the La Push reservation in the corner of my eye, there it was in the distance.

She came out of nowhere.

I was distracted.

Her orange hair was bright, kind of blinding like the sun, but more like a flame. There was no wind here, but the fire around her face seemed to shimmer slightly, as if it were alive. She didn't even flinch as the weight of my car accelerated towards her.

Disbelief and panic filled my mind as I laid there on my side, sandwiched between the cold, soft dirt and the hot, slick metal of the car.

I swear it looked like she was smiling.

The weight of the car pressed down on the lower half of my body. It did not hurt, my body was numb. All I could feel was the car hood's mass stamping my body farther and farther into the ground. My lungs felt like air would neither enter nor escape them. I tried to yell but my voice was unheard.

My babies.

All I could do was wait. Wait for someone to help us or wait to die.

It's like the universe was flickering its metaphorical light switch because my vision kept flashing from utter darkness to a white light.

I could hear faint voices, I was falling in and out of consciousness.

"Carlisle do something!"

Then suddenly, nothing. Everything became light. I was flying through the air, my broken body almost limp from the impact that occurred not long earlier.

 I was flying through the air, my broken body almost limp from the impact that occurred not long earlier