16 [sixteen]

3rd Person:

Adeline Adams walked through the all too familiar forest, close to the treaty line. She knew that she was probably too close for comfort and the wolves would soon show up. She needed to get away; from the prying eyes, from the crying babies, and everything else. This is where she goes to just be herself.

The river was calm, there was a slight breeze that made her hair flow with it. She reached down and took off her shoes, pulled back her hair and sat in the long grass along the river bank. All she heard were the sounds of birds in the distance, singing to each other. She cleared her mind of all thoughts and tried to take in the beauty of what was right in front of her. The sun glimmered through a opening in the trees and hit the coolness of her body. It made her feel alive.

Somewhere else along the river was Paul Lahote, a young reckless hothead of a wolf, doing a patrol for Sam. He was almost done his shift when he caught the familiar scent. He slowed to a trot and sneakingly made his way toward it, unknowing what was at the end of his path.

He skids too a stop, feeling the presence of another. Stood ahead of him is Adeline, the former love of his life, and imprint. Her hair is pinned up the way he used to love, her skin sparkling in the sun. Even back on, the weight feels like it has been lifted. His inner soul stops hurting for just those few seconds he saw her, he watches her silently from the shadows as she just stares out at the river.

It came to him as a surprise when she spoke, calmly and without even looking back in his direction.

"I know you're there"

Without making a noise, the heartbroken and stubborn wolf was not going to crack under the pressure of his imprint, he was afraid of it, angry with it, himself, her. He slithered back into the shadows without making another sound.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your just the sweetest girls ever, yes you are" I babbled away at my two seven month old's as Rosalie and I bathed them. They were the two most loved kids in the entire world, never running out of attention between my family and all of the Cullen's, who I now considered family.