21 [twenty one]

Blood//Water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_8tbGhXUc

The drive home was silent

The drive home was silent. Adaline didn't want to admit to herself or Raphael that Paul leaving made an impact on her. Even more so than everyone thought. She sits in the passenger seat of Raphael's jeep, her mind foggy. So foggy in fact, that she isn't aware that they have been parked by her house for some time.

After a time, she snapped back into reality and turned to face Raphael. "Thanks for the ride, I'll uh- see you tomorrow."

His maroon eyes looked at her sympathetically. All he could do was nod his head in acknowledgment.

The normally happy blonde then made her way into her parents home, her head down. Questioning everything. Paul, the girls, the upcoming battle. Everything was a blur. Unreal to her. Is this what her life had become?

Something didn't feel right, her body was telling her that something was wrong. Unaware of what it was, she continued toward her front door.

That was until, out of nowhere, large hands pulled her from the open area. Adaline was immediately somewhat relieved that it was still Raphael.

The panic in his voice made Adaline panic. "Shh Shh, there's somebody here."

Immediate panic set in

Immediate panic set in. Inside this very house sleeping quietly was her whole world. Her parents, her brother, and her little sleeping angels. The thought of someone intruding and putting them in danger petrified Adaline.

Raphael released Adaline from his menacing grip and put his pointer finger up to his lips in an effort to convince her to stay silent.

"Follow me quietly" He grabbed her hand as they made their way to the back of the house. Adaline began to get even more anxious as she realized that the back door was ajar just the slightest.

Her voice began to tremble; "Raphael" The panic in her voice causing him to ever so slightly shutter.