14 [fourteen]

I was taken back by the sight of him. His tan skin, slick black hair. He was filled out, he was bigger, like a lot bigger. I guess now I know why.

He was a wolf.

His face looked the same, there was no denying who he was. He had this sarcastic goofy look that you wouldn't be able to forget. I straightened my stance, wondering if I was really seeing this. If he was really a wolf and I was really a vampire.

"Long time no see Adi" He chuckled as he leaned up against a large fur tree.

I thought that I would be happy to see him but I was kind of the complete opposite.

"Only my friends get to call me that" I snickered back, the spite building up inside me.

He walked closer to me, I could tell that he was hesitant. I was furious with him but yet for some reason I wanted to stay and talk to him, even if the smell of him was so repelling.

"How did you do that? I mean find me?" I had a million questions.

"Stupid leech got in the way. I wasn't looking for you on purpose, I was looking for Pau-, never mind. It just so happened that I was in the right spot at the right time." He exclaimed as he began rigid. "I heard a rumor that you were back in town but I didn't know that you were-"

He looked nervous, scared almost.

"I'm not going to hurt you" I sneered as I walked closer to him. He was staring me up and down, I could hear his breathe getting heavier. I looked at the ground in shame.

"Oh god, what happened to you?" His voice cracked. He started pacing and talking to himself. "I didn't think that the idiot Embry was really right, oh god, I can't keep this a secret, Jesus Christ adi"

"What the hell do you think happened to me Jared? I died! I am dead! You want me to say it or can you put the pieces together? I am dead

"What the hell do you think happened to me Jared? I died! I am dead! You want me to say it or can you put the pieces together? I am dead. I am a vampire" I yelled at him, I seemed to have a short fuse when it comes to this. I took a minute to build my self up, "And nobody, including you came to look for me, not once."

Jared ran his hands through his messy hair. He flinched at the word vampire. "Oh god, I told you to leave town, and you died..."

We just stood there on the edge of the forest looking at each other without saying any words.

"What happened to you?" I queitely added. "I mean I know the story of you guys and why but, now I know why you went weird there for a while and stuff, Sam told me about you and how you had to keep it a secret and-"

My voice trailed off into a whisper as a sudden realization hit me. I could hear Jared tense up.

"He, him, he's, holy shit, is he' I could barely get the words out of my mouth. I wasn't sure how I didn't think of this before. It all aligned.

Jared couldn't speak, he just simply nodded in confirmation.

Paul was one of them. A werewolf.

"How could you not tell me? You were my best friend Jared! Oh god, I trusted you! I believed that you would always do what was best for me!" I began to get very irritated. He knew that he had really messed up.

"Adi, it WAS what I thought was best! He was dangerous, he could have hurt you" He was trying to cover himself.

"How could you do that to him? I could have helped him! You told me to leave so I left and then this is what happened to me! How is this what is best for me! I'm dead!" I was now yelling. I could feel the anger running through me instead of the blood that was no longer there.

"Adi, listen"

"No Jared, I never wanna listen to what you have to say. Get out of here!" I yelled at him pointing my finger in the direction he came from. "And keep this to yourself, I don't want him to know"

Jared frowned and almost looked hurt. "He already does. The wolf from the ravine"

Electricity ran through my body, now I know why I couldn't stop thinking about that damn wolf. It was him. My eyes widened as I realized why I was feeling this way. "Did he imprint?"

 He avoided my question. "Adi, listen to me. Get things under control, you need to go someplace safe. I don't know how much longer I can keep this a secret from the pack" 

  He began to walk into the distant tree's, I could still hear his breath. He turned and was now facing me. His face turned to serious before he spoke words that haunted me to my very core. 

"He knows about you, he knows what you are, but he doesn't know what your hiding in that cabin"