12 [twelve]

"Wait, shes in their territory now!" Carlisle uttered as he stopped us. 

I wasn't sure exactly what they meant by 'their territory'. The red haired serpent was now running parallel to us on the other side of the ravine. It's like she knew we couldn't cross. 

"She'll get away" Esme exclaimed, worried that she would really get away. We were right on top of her and we couldn't even cross for some reason that was unbeknownst to me. If I have the right opportunity I will not let her get away, I will cross. 

My eyes widened and almost exited their sockets as I watched the two large wolves appear from behind the shadow of the tree's. That was the werewolves I was told about. They were a lot bigger and faster than I had imagined. If I wasn't a vampire, I would have said that this was some kind of fairy tale or that I was dreaming. 

"No she wont" Jasper yelled as we ran on the other side of the ravine trying to catch up to her from this side

"No she wont" Jasper yelled as we ran on the other side of the ravine trying to catch up to her from this side. The wolves were fast but she was faster. As they came up onto her, she was just within their reach as she hurled herself onto our side once again. 

That's it, come to me. I was ready, she was finally mine and I was going to end her. 

She didn't waste any time jumping back onto the other side of the ravine once again, taking her chances with the wolves. They weren't gonna be able to catch her, I was the fastest, I have to. 

The ravine and the wolves quickly left my mind as I thought about how she killed me, and how she would never stop unless she was dead. I leaped with all I had over the river. 

I couldn't let her get away knowing that everyone I cared about including my two little ones could be in danger. 

"Adeline no!" Jasper growled as he tried to grasp my hand but I was already out of his reach. 

I almost had her luminescent orange hair in my hands when I felt this huge weight knock me back into the water. I was unsure what it was first as I couldn't see, but as the water left my vision I could see the colossal shadow of it. A wolf. 

Anger consumed me, I was blinded by anger as it's large body lay on top of me, its paw would have suffocated me if I had been a human. I swear I could even feel my heart racing, which was a lot since mine no longer beat. This was enough, I opened my mouth and let out a earth shattering shriek that would be enough to get the disgusting smelling creature off me. I reached for the rocks and the earth beneath me, it began to shake as the pitch of my scream got higher. I continued to scream until I sat up when the wolf got off me, soaking wet and my eyes met the wolfs. The atmosphere went silent and my anger immediately subsided even though I wanted to kill the wolf. 

The dark silver wolf was very big and towered over me as I sat in the ravine. It's chocolate brown eyes fixed as though they were looking through me. I didn't understand what was happening. Everyone was silent. We didn't move from  the spots that we were currently in. I wasn't sure why I felt like this but it was as if I had known this wolf forever. 

"Come on A-, come on lets go" Emmett pulled me up out of the ravine. I hadn't even realized that he had crossed the ravine as well. He looked as though he was savage, never facing back on to the wolves and never taking his hand off my hand. 

The two wolves didn't move a muscle as I watched them before I vanished into the shadows.