Chp 1: A Weapon

HUGE THANKS TO @NevelsMusicalTrash for the AMAZING art work^💖Info from the author is in bold💖Key:(Y/n) Your Name (first)(N/n) Nickname(L/n) Last Name(M/n) Mother's Name (or guardian)(Ft/n) Father's Name (or guardian)(F/f) Favorite food(F/c) Favo...

💖Info from the author is in bold
💖Key:
(Y/n) Your Name (first)
(N/n) Nickname
(L/n) Last Name
(M/n) Mother's Name (or guardian)
(Ft/n) Father's Name (or guardian)
(F/f) Favorite food
(F/c) Favorite color
(H/c) Hair Color
(H/l) Hair length
(H/t) Hair texture
(E/c) Eye Color
(F/b) Favorite book
(S/t) Skin tone
💖More may be added... ALSO (y/n) is considered to be 5"2, but you can easily replace this with your own height. ON WITH THE STORY

(Y/n) POV

Dinner with my family was always interesting. My mom always talked too loud or too quiet, due to her sound manipulating quirk, and my dad would always adjust the lighting to change the mood, due to his light manipulating quirk. My sister, Milaina, literally shined (her quirk causes her hair to grow as literal rays of light) and my brother was forbidden from being in the presence of my parents. Then there was me... the prized child of the (l/n) family. While Milaina was stunning and Rory, my younger brother, was a genius, I was deemed "powerful". I could manipulate light, like my father, and sound like my mother. My light quirk worked the same as my father's, but my sound quirk was a little different. My quirk was called Mirage, for I could change what people saw and heard. Not only could I manipulate sound waves, I could communicate telepathically. This was not known to the public because my parents thought of it as a secret weapon. I could make it so only certain individuals could hear something and drive them mad with it. I hated it. I wasn't allowed a normal life, for I was a weapon. I was glorified for my abilities, never my personality or achievements, and I was spoken of in a way one speaks of an item they own. I was merely a tool.

That night at dinner, my parents brought up marriage... again. Milaina was already married to the duke of the Kingdom of Eraserhead, Shinso Hitoshi, and they were to be taking over Crystalli when my parents came of age. I, on the other hand, was to be married off in order to strengthen an alliance and produce a child of immense power. Another weapon.

"(Y/N)," Rosetta, my mother, started. "I know that, in the past, we have let you test suitors to see if you would be willing to marry them, but I think it's time we stop 'testing'. Your judgement just always seems a bit harsh, and, don't get me wrong, I know that you should only deserve the best, but well..." she scratched the back over her neck as her voice went through a diminuendo.

"What your mother is trying to say, is that we have found the person you are going to marry," Grayson, my father, stated bluntly. I moved the (f/f) around on my plate, so this is why they had the chefs make (f/f) tonight, I thought. It honestly didn't surprise me and I had expected them to take my choice on who I was to marry away a lot sooner.

"Who is it?" I murmured. Like Rory, I was very quiet. He was the only person in the whole kingdom who treated me like a human being. Sadly, his quirk caused him to be followed by darkness and our parents frowned upon it. He was seen as a dishonor to all but me. I really wished he was at the table when I had to receive the news.