Chp 4: Mirage

(Y/N)'s POV

After the prince's surprise drop in, I grabbed my training clothes. It was a short, black and white dress, accompanied with black flats and white wrist guards.

"Yeah, I don't think so," I unconsciously said out loud. There was no way I was going to fight anyone in that, let alone a boy who was rumored to have immense power. I dug through the pile of dresses on my bed, until I found what I actually planned on training in. I grabbed a black, high-neck bodysuit, and a large, white blanket scarf. I tied the scarf on my waist at an angle, but not too tight, in case I needed to whip it off. I laced up my black combat boots and pulled my hair into a (h/t) ponytail (if you can). I looked in the mirror and judged my outfit. It wasn't very proper for a lady, let alone the second princess, to wear, but I wasn't Milaina and I was tired of pretending I was. I was showing a lot of skin, but my maids wouldn't let me pack any of my riding pants. I put on a heavy, white cape, to cover up a bit, and headed outside.

(Sorry for the bad sketch, I drew this in the dark, but I thought you guys would like a visual)

I had seen the training grounds when I arrived, so I had a general idea of where I was going. It took all of my willpower to refrain from wandering into the garden. I kept my chin up and gazed straight ahead. I caught a glimpse of something shimmering in the training grounds. Almost like... ice. Yes, it was ice. I remembered the Prince Todoroki's quirk was "Half hot, Half cold", but I didn't notice any fire coming from the designated area. I picked up my speed a bit, curious to see what I was up against, but I heard screams.

"Arrogant child! You still refuse to use your true power! You are my masterpiece, now grow up and use your real power or there will be consequences," I identified the screams as ones of the king's and slowed down again. He was being so harsh and I prayed he wouldn't treat me like that. If he did, his entire kingdom would know the power of Crystalli. As much as I hated to admit it, we were a force to be reckoned with. I hid deeper within the hood of my cloak, hoping to go unnoticed...

"TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH (N/n- UH YOUR HIGHNESS!" A familiar dark face popped around the entrance gate.

"Geez, Rory, you about gave me a heart attack. Quit your yelling too, it's not like you, and you just about blew your cover!" I scolded in a whisper.

"Sorry, I'm trying to act less like 'Rory: Prince of Darkness' and more like 'Sir Rory'," he chuckled, nervously.

"Oh please, I prefer the 'Prince of Darkness'," we both erupted in a fit of laughter, catching the attention of King Enji.

"Princess (F/N), please come!" I flinched when I heard him mutter my first name. He had no permission to be so informal. I knew Milaina would say something and that I should, but I wasn't sure if I could build up enough courage to speak out against the king of Endeavor. Luckily, it seems, I didn't have to.

"That was disrespectful, Father. You should know better than to call a royal guest, especially a princess, by their first name. Did she give you permission?" The duel-haired boy glared into the shocked eyes of his father. His father's face twisted into a scowl before letting out a short grunt.